PDA

View Full Version : SB3 reviewed in England's Daily Telegraph

amcluesent
2007-10-28, 11:19
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/digitallife/index.jhtml

The newspaper, with a readership of some 2M, was actually looking at 'internet radios' but said of the SB3 -

"Logitech's Squeezebox is at once so much more and so much less than a normal Wi-Fi radio - less because you need to plug it into your own powered speakers or a hi-fi; more because it's compatible with the Rhapsody music subscription service (rhapsody.com). So, from your remote control you can do the normal Wi-Fi things - choose from almost every radio station on the planet, or listen on demand to specific shows - but you can also browse Rhapsody's massive music library, and listen to whatever tracks you like. With a subscription, you might never need to buy any more music again. 8/10"

Skidoo!
2007-10-28, 13:14
The reviewer might not have noticed that Rhapsody is only legally available to users in the States. (Unless this has changed recently?)

S.

Fifer
2007-10-28, 14:22
I could have sworn that the Telegraph was published throughout Britain.

haunyack
2007-10-28, 14:31
"With a subscription, you might never need to buy any more music again. 8/10"

Would these users be satisfied with 160kpbs?
I understand the economy of it, but with that bitrate, there is no reason as of yet NOT to purchase CD's or vinyl.

amcluesent
2007-10-28, 15:03
>I could have sworn that the Telegraph was published throughout Britain.<

Yep, to be purchased by English people visiting Wales and Scotland :)

Fifer
2007-10-28, 15:27
Yep, to be purchased by English people visiting Wales and Scotland :)

Oh, I appreciate that it appeals to a very narrow demographic (right-leaning Liz Hurley fans), but it does claim to be a UK publication. :)

SixedUp
2007-10-29, 04:30
Would these users be satisfied with 160kpbs?
I understand the economy of it, but with that bitrate, there is no reason as of yet NOT to purchase CD's or vinyl.

For a lot of users, yes, 160kbps is probably fine. There are a lot of people out there who will be quite happy with that level of sound quality, and be overjoyed at the convenience of not having to mess around with CD's or vinyl any more. Different strokes for different folks :)

Cheers
Richard

iPhone
2007-10-30, 21:10
It is just good to see some additional coverage of something we all care about.