PDA

View Full Version : Playlist when off



James
2007-10-27, 01:42
I'm sure this has been discussed pre-Jive but...

Seems that if the player is off, the 'Now Playing' is always blank (both in Jive and new Default web interface). I really don't like this and it's particularly wierd in Jive.

It would be a lot friendlier if the playlist was always available and playing a track from it automatically turned the player on.

If this isn't possible, an improvement would be to not show the 'Now Playing' option when the player is off.

James

dean
2007-10-27, 07:47
There's a bug open to have only Settings, Change Player and Turn On
available when the SB is turned off.


On Oct 27, 2007, at 1:42 AM, James wrote:

>
> I'm sure this has been discussed pre-Jive but...
>
> Seems that if the player is off, the 'Now Playing' is always blank
> (both in Jive and new Default web interface). I really don't like this
> and it's particularly wierd in Jive.
>
> It would be a lot friendlier if the playlist was always available and
> playing a track from it automatically turned the player on.
>
> If this isn't possible, an improvement would be to not show the 'Now
> Playing' option when the player is off.
>
> James
>
>
> --
> James
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> James's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=189
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39685
>
>

bklaas
2007-10-27, 11:34
There's a bug open to have only Settings, Change Player and Turn On
available when the SB is turned off.


Dean, I haven't been able to find this bug after searching Bugzilla. If you know which one it is, assign it to me.

cheers,
#!/ben

James
2007-10-28, 02:30
Ah, that will be much better, but what's the thought process behind having the playlist 'hidden' when the player is off?

Just interested...

James

dean
2007-10-28, 08:21
It turns out that people like to think that things are off, even with
an always-on device.

Originally, I suggested that the player's on/off state be invisible
on jive. (i.e. It would only appear off on the player display.) But
I was the only person who I spoke to who liked that idea. (I also
didn't want a power button on the original Squeezebox remote.)

So plan is to mimic the off behavior on Jive for a player that can be
off to Turn On, which is all you have on the device, really. But in
the case that you have multiple players, you also need to have an
option to switch players.


On Oct 28, 2007, at 2:30 AM, James wrote:

>
> Ah, that will be much better, but what's the thought process behind
> having the playlist 'hidden' when the player is off?
>
> Just interested...
>
> James
>
>
> --
> James
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> James's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=189
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39685
>
>