PDA

View Full Version : Cannot adjust volume at all

jmonier
2007-10-23, 15:48
My SlimServer is in a state where I cannot change analog or digital volume on any of 5 SqueezeBoxes. Each one is stuck at a different place on the volume bar but will not budge from that spot in response to anything including the web page. The volume bar appears whenever a volume button is pressed and remains up while the button is held down but does not move.

If I access volume under Settings the bar WILL move but volume does not change and the regular volume bar will be at the same spot as before.

This hangup probably occurred while I was working with the Command Line Interface but I have no idea what I did to cause it.

I've both rebooted and re-installed without changing things. The only thing I have not done is a complete uninstall and re-install.

Any ideas?

mherger
2007-10-23, 23:06
> I've both rebooted and re-installed without changing things. The only
> thing I have not done is a complete uninstall and re-install.

You didn't by chance install the VolumeLock or similar plugin :-)?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

Secret Squirrel
2007-10-24, 05:08
My SlimServer is in a state where I cannot change analog or digital volume on any of 5 SqueezeBoxes. Each one is stuck at a different place on the volume bar but will not budge from that spot in response to anything including the web page. The volume bar appears whenever a volume button is pressed and remains up while the button is held down but does not move.

If I access volume under Settings the bar WILL move but volume does not change and the regular volume bar will be at the same spot as before.

This hangup probably occurred while I was working with the Command Line Interface but I have no idea what I did to cause it.

I've both rebooted and re-installed without changing things. The only thing I have not done is a complete uninstall and re-install.

Any ideas?

I agree with Michael that's probably a plug in that you're using. I had this very thing happen to me and eventually found that it was the IR Blaster plugin that fixed the volume. So, check around.

HTH,

SS

jmonier
2007-10-24, 07:47
I already had IR Blaster disabled (not checked) before the problem occurred. I just tried removing the IR Blaster directory completely and that DID fix the problem.

Apparently IR Blaster is responding in a bad way (even when disabled) to some combination of CLI volume change commands.

Secret Squirrel
2007-10-24, 09:59
Yeah, I would have mentioned that if you had responded the you did have IR Blaster installed. This was exactly the problem I had the solution I found. Good work!

I hope that makes things better!

SS