PDA

View Full Version : Remote Streaming and Metadata

relen
2007-10-23, 12:36
Is there any method of remote streaming (ie http://myserverip:900/stream.mp3) from Slimserver that preserves the metadata on the tracks being played? Normally the remote player simply displays "Welcome to Slimserver" - How does one change this message?

And is it possible to transfer the metadata properly to the player so that it shows what any self-respecting internet radio station will show on a display, ie track, artist etc data as well as the name of the station? If so, how?

Thanks!

--Richard E

PS: Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I searched for 45 minutes with all the terms I could imagine and either got no answers or waaaay too many.

alZmtbr
2007-10-23, 13:29
streaming to my Nokia770 is a two step process: get the stream connection using the audio player; then getting the web-server at port 9000 up on the opera browser to actually choose what to play (using the right player from the drop down box). Took me awhile to figure that one out - "how is what's playing get chosen???" is what I asked myself.

I also found out that someone sitting at the computer (the Wife) can mess with what I'm listening to in the basement. Doh! Much to her delight...

edit: The metadata is then shown in the browser window, not the player. So teh question is: without a browser, can the music to be streamed be chosen???

HTH
Allan

bhaagensen
2007-10-23, 13:52
edit: The metadata is then shown in the browser window, not the player. So teh question is: without a browser, can the music to be streamed be chosen???

AFAIK playback can not be controlled via stream.mp3. I think the current options for playback control are via CLI (or the web-interface).

I think the original question was whether its possible to get slimserver to properly embed the metadata in the stream.

Regards,

Bjørn