PDA

View Full Version : Music Library contains 0 Albums and 0 Songs

DougW
2007-10-23, 04:17
I just purchased a Squeeezebox and I should be receiving it today. In the meantime I installed the Slim Server software. I am 100% sure that the folder I configured the software to use (to scan for music) is correct. However Slim Server always shows this message "Your music library contains 0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists."

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate (32). I tried installing Slim Server in both the original program files folder and also just on C:\SlimServer. I am running Windows as a full administrator and UAC is turned off. The server/services are running. My music folder is on a different partition in a music folder (E:\Music). I also tried configuring the server to scan only the E: drive to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it because I don't have a Squeezebox installed yet.

Thanks,
Doug

adamslim
2007-10-23, 10:58
Nothing to do with the lack of Squeezebox, that's one thing to rule out. I know nothing of Vista, but suggest trying the following:

- In SlimServer, go to server settings and check that the path for your music folder is correct. If not, problem found - change and rescan.

- Next, try moving some audio files to somewhere on your C: drive (set us C:\testmusic, say), and set up that as your music files folder - again rescan and see if it works. This will help eliminate the potential issue of accessing the separate drive.

- There are several threads about Vista problems. Check them out!

- Slim Devices tech help is meant to be very good - why not give them a call?

HTH

Adam

DougW
2007-10-24, 04:22
Thank you for your help. The issue was solved by having my subfolders placed in the root of E: rather than in a folder called Music . Im not sure why it could not scan e:\music\1970 or e:\music\1980 etc but it was happy with e:\1970 e:\1980.
This was the same in both Vista and XP on my computer.

As a point of interest, a command box scan did locate my files in e:\music\1970 but in order to use the web interface I still had to move the folders to the root of E:

Thanks again.
Doug