PDA

View Full Version : Keypad Backlighting and WiFi roaming

CouchPotatoe
2007-10-23, 03:30
Stupid Q - is there a separate time-out setting somewhere for the keypad backlight ? The screen backlight behaves normally but the keypad remains permanently lit.

I also have issues requiring a full restart (+ key held down) should the initial WiFi access point become unavailable. It's not possible to access a second access point as the menu system is inoperable until you re-attach to the first. This maybe related to the lost player hang mentioned elsewhere , was going to check with latest 23rd nightly (r734) but just watching a thread re that and lost menus I'll wait a rev I think, as firmware backdate wont be too useful.

K
(r727)

<edit> Just also going to mention the LCD vertical angle of view. It's overly good below horizontal but very limited above (10 degrees or so). Normally I suppose this suits people holding the controller but when placed in the charger on a desk alongside you it makes the screen totally unreadable. I'm not sure if this is adjustable (?) but in production if it is then it might be better to sacrifice some below horizontal readability in favour of some above.

CouchPotatoe
2007-10-24, 03:23
Stupid Q - is there a separate time-out setting somewhere for the keypad backlight ? The screen backlight behaves normally but the keypad remains permanently lit.

Is it just my unit that does this ? Screen backlighting turns off after preset time but keys remain permanently lit ? Anything I can do ?

K
(r738)

dean
2007-10-24, 07:27
On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:23 AM, CouchPotatoe wrote:

>
> CouchPotatoe;237260 Wrote:
>> Stupid Q - is there a separate time-out setting somewhere for the
>> keypad
>> backlight ? The screen backlight behaves normally but the keypad
>> remains permanently lit.
>>
>
> Is it just my unit that does this ? Screen backlighting turns off
> after preset time but keys remain permanently lit ? Anything I can do
> ?
Well, apart from submitting a patch to fix the bug, just wait. :)

-dean

CouchPotatoe
2007-10-24, 07:39
NP Dean - I just sort of got the impression no-one else had this issue as I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere - and it flattens the remote battery pretty quickly, unless you turn it off. Just checking it wasn't something I hadn't missed in the config.

K