PDA

View Full Version : player-specific wallpapers

bklaas
2007-10-22, 21:22
starting with r734/Oct 23 daily, wallpaper selections are player-specific. This is kind of handy, in that you can select wallpapers that make visually identifying what player you are using much easier. Credit goes to Fred Thomas for the idea. Enjoy.

#!/ben

radish
2007-10-23, 07:12
Is it possible for us to add our own wallpapers? I like this idea but I'd like to have photos of the actual rooms in question to make it super-intuitive.

bklaas
2007-10-23, 12:40
That crossed my mine too, radish. There isn't a facility for uploading custom wallpapers right now, but I think it's a viable enhancement idea. I'll open a bug on it. With SSH and some ingenuity, you could hack something in pretty easily too :).

Also, FYI, currently the player-specific wallpaper code is backed out while I look for a fix to a nasty bug that caused the interface to crash on boot in certain situations. Hopefully I'll have that fixed later today.

cheers,
#!/ben

funkstar
2007-10-23, 12:50
Great feature Ben :)

A thought on custom walpapers. If you fully control them on the server, it can push thm down to the player and save having to configure multiple remotes in a large instalation.

Just a thought :)

bklaas
2007-10-23, 13:44
FYI-- the enhancement bug, assigned to me:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5891

#!/ben