PDA

View Full Version : not finding all my songs



neocx
2007-10-21, 09:09
Hi Gang,

Sorry if this problem has been posted before, but I could not find anything in the forums.

My SS is not finding all my songs/albums. I am not running itunes but rather using the SS interface. I have asked it to rescan my library several times, but a good amount of my music is not showing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

funkstar
2007-10-21, 09:27
Some more details would be good :)

What file format(s) are you using?
What version of SlimServer?
Waht OS are you running?

Turning on the -d_scan debugging option might be a good idea as well. It might tell you/us if there are problems with the scan.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?LogFile

gusi
2007-10-21, 09:54
I had similar problems.

It turned out that some of my files were in wav format and thus didn't have tags in them and wouldn't show up in any searches.

One thing that works for me all the time is to browse buy music folder. By default it is not on the SB3 menu so you'll have to enable it from SS.

I frequently have run foul of incorrect shortcuts when spanning my collection over several drives. However in that case none of the albums get scanned.

If you give us a bit more info we could help more. In the mean time turn on browse by folder to play the missing tracks.

neocx
2007-10-21, 09:55
I'm using Mp3s and running Windows XP. I using slimserver version 6.5.2. I can try the debug option as soon as I figure out how to do that.

gusi
2007-10-21, 16:26
Make sure Slimserver is running. Then run the following command from the command prompt (assuming scanner.exe is in default directory) and replacing <musicfolder> by your own music folder.
The output should show files as they are scanned and hence the problem files.

"c:\program files\slimserver\server\scanner.exe" --wipe --d_scan --d_import <musicfolder>

The output should be useful

slimpy
2007-10-22, 00:46
Are the missing files DRM protected?

-s.

Dave Bird
2007-10-22, 04:57
Have been suffering from missing tracks as well, seems like an old problem may be back, that is that tracks with 'No Album' are not appearing in the Browse by Artist list. Unfortunately I am away from home until the weekend and so will post more info when I am back .. if one of you fine chaps have not found something by then.

Hope that helps

gusi
2007-10-22, 06:03
I think that 'no album' tracks have no or incorrect tag information.

jvlgato
2007-10-24, 20:56
Hi Gang,

Sorry if this problem has been posted before, but I could not find anything in the forums.

My SS is not finding all my songs/albums. I am not running itunes but rather using the SS interface. I have asked it to rescan my library several times, but a good amount of my music is not showing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had this problem although was using iTunes; also had same songs listed multiple times. Rescanning didn't help. I had to click the choice to clear all the songs and rescan and this worked for me. Have you tried that option?

Dave Bird
2007-10-28, 05:44
I don't think it's a tag problem with my missing files, I have a library of approx 10000 tracks, of which about 1000 have No Album. None of the No Album tracks appear in the browse by artist list .. they all used to. I had this problem just after I bought by SB3, reported it, and it was fixed by a nightly update.

Running:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.5 - 13392 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.0.3
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Hope that helps

Dave Bird
2007-11-07, 05:39
Just to finish of this thread ..
I could not find anything wrong with my tags.
I changed all the tracks with 'No Album' to an album name of Single, rescanned, and all of the missing tracks now appear in the browse lists.

This method will work for me, but I think there maybe an underlying problem with 'No Album'.

rodlogic
2007-11-08, 03:37
I agree that this is still an issue - appears that if the tag is incorrect SS ignores it. I went thru and exercise using mp3tag to clean up all the tags - I first converted tag to file name - then deleted the tags then did convert filename to tag - this ended with all my tags being id3.2 (id3v2.4 utf 8) which sorted the problem - and I do this will all new tracks - a pita but it don't have missing tracks.
Also those tags which are APE also seems to cause hiccups - thus I take the above approach !