PDA

View Full Version : Programs supporting SqueezeBox?

IHSS
2007-10-20, 04:27
Are there any programs for windows XP supporting SqueezeBox so I don't have to use SlimServer?

(Love SqueezeBox but hate SlimServer. Have nothing but problems with SlimServer. Think I'm going to stop there before this is turning into a hate mail.)

gandt
2007-10-20, 04:45
There are two ways to go I can think of. There is sort of limited upnp functionality with slimserver that might work with some upnp programs - it sees my orb server for example though doesn't seem to quite work with it properly - you might try a few upnp servers and have reasonable luck

Better in my opinion is to use the excellent jriver media centre with the mc2slim plugin (hunt the forums for a link) this lets jriver stream to a squeezebox and works well.

graham

Siduhe
2007-10-20, 05:13
Or leave Slimserver in place, but use one of the other front ends - Moose is a very good alternative.

amcluesent
2007-10-20, 05:30
>use the excellent jriver media centre with the mc2slim plugin<

Does mc3slim not require a functioning Slimserver (although maybe not one which has scanned the library)?

The excellent OrangeCD music manager will scan your library and has an add-in to play tracks on the Squeezebox, it does require a functioning Slimserver that can access the music library drive, but needn't have scanned it.

gandt
2007-10-20, 05:50
Yes for mc2slim you need to have installed slimserver but you dont have to actually "use" it...

graham

mherger
2007-10-20, 05:50
> Are there any programs for windows XP supporting SqueezeBox so I don't
> have to use SlimServer?

No. The only way not to have to use SlimServer is relying on
SqueezeNetwork and its attached services (mp3tunes, Rhapsody, etc.). All
other application described here only work with a SlimServer running.

> (Love SqueezeBox but hate SlimServer. Have nothing but problems with
> SlimServer.

Your first mail should probably have been about your problems and how to
solve them. Hate mails don't help anyone, but increase chance not to be
helped tremendously.

That said: where did you encounter problems?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR