PDA

View Full Version : Existing Rhapsody suscriber considering squeezbox

benztech
2007-10-18, 22:29
I am currently a Rhapsody To Go subscriber and am interested in the Squeezebox. I've read that it is compatible with Rhapsody, but I am wondering if will only play tracks that have been purchased individually or if it is capable of streaming the subscription based content I have downloaded on my hard drive. Every since my CD collection was stolen, I have few ripped and direct purchased tracks- the bulk of my collection is from the subscription service. So if I can't stream this content, I probably won't bother on one of these devices when I could just use Orb's server...

snarlydwarf
2007-10-18, 23:41
Actually it is the other way around: the SB does fine with the subscription service (and don't even need a PC for it). I don't know if it will play purchased tracks.

(it just doesn't support the "free" limited rhapsody that some ISP's like comcast give you. But then that is pretty limited anyway.)

gsamsa
2007-10-19, 01:15
I am currently a Rhapsody To Go subscriber and am interested in the Squeezebox. I've read that it is compatible with Rhapsody, but I am wondering if will only play tracks that have been purchased individually or if it is capable of streaming the subscription based content I have downloaded on my hard drive. Every since my CD collection was stolen, I have few ripped and direct purchased tracks- the bulk of my collection is from the subscription service. So if I can't stream this content, I probably won't bother on one of these devices when I could just use Orb's server...

I am a Rhapsody subscriber and I think the Rhapsody experience with the Squeezebox is quite nice. Also likely to get even better in the future, as it is integrated into SqueezeCenter (SlimServer). (Right now if you're not using the beta software, you use it through SqueezeNetwork...but that's a pretty seamless experience, and it's nice that you don't have to run a local server to use it).

benztech
2007-10-19, 01:59
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for the fast response. I was really hoping this thing worked the way I wanted it to. Now I don't have to have a full desktop running Orb just to stream my subscription files to other rooms in my house. I'll be ordering one right away, and I'll let you know how everything goes!