PDA

View Full Version : new music in date added order

defnk
2007-10-17, 18:59
Hi guys,

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this that my even simpler mind can't quite figure out..

How do I play music that was added to my iTunes in date added order?

"New Music" on the SB3 menu tree cant be added to the play list.... can it??

The "Recently Added" playlist on Itunes can do it, but the number of songs needs to be configured in iTunes....

Ideally, i just want to use play music starting from the most recently added song in the library...

Help???

defnk
2007-10-18, 03:43
anyone?? is my question unclear??

Siduhe
2007-10-18, 04:19
Give us a chance!

Big caveat here - I don't use Itunes, so this is a theory, not something I've ever tried. However, if there is an Itunes playlist of recently added music, I don't see any reason why this playlist can't be synced with Slimserver in the normal way. Are you integrating Slimserver and Itunes already?

You may need the Itunes Update plugin installed.

http://www.jamescraig.co.uk/SlimServer/index.html

Once you have your "Itunes Recently Added" playlist accessible in Slimserver, just press play.

funkstar
2007-10-18, 04:24
"New Music" on the SB3 menu tree cant be added to the play list.... can it??
I was about to reply with "you can from the web interface" but i just looked and it appears you can't. At least not with SC7 and the default skin.

I was convinced you could. Sorry.

defnk
2007-10-18, 05:49
Give us a chance!

Big caveat here - I don't use Itunes, so this is a theory, not something I've ever tried. However, if there is an Itunes playlist of recently added music, I don't see any reason why this playlist can't be synced with Slimserver in the normal way. Are you integrating Slimserver and Itunes already?

You may need the Itunes Update plugin installed.

http://www.jamescraig.co.uk/SlimServer/index.html

Once you have your "Itunes Recently Added" playlist accessible in Slimserver, just press play.

Yes this is possibel and is what is currently done Sid, but its not exactly what i want... i have to change Recently Added on Itunes, and specify nnn number of songs... then on SS, i need to add all nnn songs to the playlist (may as well do all songs !)

wish i could just start playing music in 'recently added' order.... similar to selecting Browse -> Albums ->Anthology and pressing play!...! thanks anyways!

Siduhe
2007-10-18, 06:11
First - I think your idea of being able to add all New Music to a playlist is a really good one - why don't you submit an enhancement request to bugs.slimdevices.com (make sure you mark it as Enhancement though). I'd vote for it!

Second, do you have the Itunes Update Plugin installed? I think (and you might want to post to the author in the Third Party Plugins forum to check this) that it will allow a direct update of playlists from Itunes to Slimserver, so you would only need to update the playlist in Itunes and it would automatically update in Slimserver. I may be way off base here, but why not give it a try?

Craig, James \(IT\)
2007-10-18, 06:18
Actually the iTunes Party Shuffle plugin would do pretty much what the
original poster requested.
It will allow you to play a playlist from iTunes without having to
rescan the SlimServer library first.
Tracks are added as old ones finish, in the same way as the Random Mix
feature.

(It only works on Windows though.)

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

defnk
2007-10-18, 21:54
Actually the iTunes Party Shuffle plugin would do pretty much what the
original poster requested.
It will allow you to play a playlist from iTunes without having to
rescan the SlimServer library first.
Tracks are added as old ones finish, in the same way as the Random Mix
feature.

James... sounds like it could do the job, provided it keeps adding in the 'date added' order.. will def check it out,
Thank you!

defnk
2007-10-18, 21:56
First - I think your idea of being able to add all New Music to a playlist is a really good one - why don't you submit an enhancement request to bugs.slimdevices.com (make sure you mark it as Enhancement though). I'd vote for it!

Will do Siduhe, but will check the itunes plugin first!
Cheers.

defnk
2007-10-24, 04:13
no luck.... i would have thought this would haev been a common way of listenign to music? Guess I'm uncommon :-)

inpdx
2009-05-20, 23:47
"First - I think your idea of being able to add all New Music to a playlist is a really good one - why don't you submit an enhancement request to bugs.slimdevices.com (make sure you mark it as Enhancement though). I'd vote for it!"

Any movement on this? This seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure out how to do it... Help?

Siduhe
2009-05-21, 12:58
I don't think that functionality is available in Squeezecenter, but you could achieve the same thing by using the Dynamic Playlist plugin (probably with Trackstat). You should be able to set that up to play "recently added" albums.