PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Squeezebox

lsmithso
2007-10-15, 15:33
I've only had my Jive remote for a couple of hours, so please be patient with me...

The remote can't find a Squeezebox to setup - the 'Set Up Squeezebox' screen is blank (apart from the title and instructions). The wifi is setup is OK - this is how I upgraded the firmware. Squeezcentre can find my Squeezebox OK and the Squeezebox otherwise works fine.

Any pointers for a fix?

Jive Firmware 1r692, SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 13788, SB2 Firmware 40.

mflint
2007-10-15, 16:37
I had a similar problem earlier this evening, which seems to have been solved with:
cpan
install JSON::XS

Then restart SC7...

Matthew

JimC
2007-10-15, 21:07
I've only had my Jive remote for a couple of hours, so please be patient with me...

The remote can't find a Squeezebox to setup - the 'Set Up Squeezebox' screen is blank (apart from the title and instructions). The wifi is setup is OK - this is how I upgraded the firmware. Squeezcentre can find my Squeezebox OK and the Squeezebox otherwise works fine.

Any pointers for a fix?

Jive Firmware 1r692, SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 13788, SB2 Firmware 40.

I've encountered the same issue today. Restarting SqueezeCenter seems to do the trick. Not sure why... figured I'd upgrade to the latest nightly tomorrow AM and then report the bug if it still there.

-=> Jim

sdonham
2007-10-16, 09:06
I had this problem as well, but was quickly fixed by, oddly enough, turning on the slimbox.
Here are my exact steps:
1. Update slimserver to the latest build
2. restart slimserver
3. turn on the slimbox / transporter
4. pull the battery from the remote and restart it.

When the remote powered up, it immediately grabbed the update and found the slimbox.

lsmithso
2007-10-16, 12:28
Fixed it with:
. cpan install JSON::XS
. Restart SqueezeCenter
. Restart remote

Then it found my player first time.

jsnell
2007-10-17, 23:12
Got mine today and am having trouble getting it to work.

I've got the latest server build and the latest firmware (installed via scp). I did the
"install JSON::XS" cpan trick. But... nothing. Obviously it can get on my wi-fi network (scp, ssh) and it apparently detects my server, but doesn't see any devices to control. Any suggestions?

tyler_durden
2007-10-17, 23:23
Did you try looking where you used it last?

Isn't it weird that a lost item is always found in the last place you look for it?

TD

jsnell
2007-10-18, 07:33
Did you try looking where you used it last?

Well, if I knew where I left it, it wouldn't be lost...

gerph
2007-10-18, 12:04
Got mine today and am having trouble getting it to work.

I've got the latest server build and the latest firmware (installed via scp). I did the
"install JSON::XS" cpan trick. But... nothing. Obviously it can get on my wi-fi network (scp, ssh) and it apparently detects my server, but doesn't see any devices to control. Any suggestions?

I believe I had this problem ('First experiences with the remote' thread) and the thing that was telling for me was that when I went to the Controller->Settings->SlimServer (which is now labelled 'Music Source) it could see my server 'buttercup', but when I selected the option to go into the menu it showed just :

Address: 192.168.0.100:9000
Version:

(ie nothing in the Version field).

I used the nightly build and I had a previously run version of slimserver on the machine which I killed off previously. After a little messing around I did an svn checkout of the latest server version and tried that. That seemed to work.

Not sure that helps, but the symptoms sound very similar.

jsnell
2007-10-18, 16:48
(ie nothing in the Version field). After a little messing around I did an svn checkout of the latest server version and tried that.

Definitely seeing the no-version issue. I'm not going to do an svn checkout, so I guess I'll try the latest daily and cross my fingers.

dean
2007-10-18, 17:50
Jason, I hate to ask, but what OS are you running this on

On Oct 17, 2007, at 11:12 PM, jsnell wrote:

>
> Got mine today and am having trouble getting it to work.
>
> I've got the latest server build and the latest firmware (installed
> via
> scp). I did the
> "install JSON::XS" cpan trick. But... nothing. Obviously it can get on
> my wi-fi network (scp, ssh) and it apparently detects my server, but
> doesn't see any devices to control. Any suggestions?
>
>
> --
> jsnell
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> jsnell's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=66
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39337
>
>

jsnell
2007-10-18, 19:18
Jason, I hate to ask, but what OS are you running this on

Mac OS X Server 10.4.10.

No secret Leopard stuff. At least, not here. :-)

dean
2007-10-18, 20:28
On Oct 18, 2007, at 7:18 PM, jsnell wrote:
> dean blackketter;236244 Wrote:
>> Jason, I hate to ask, but what OS are you running this on
>
> Mac OS X Server 10.4.10.
The standard nightly build should work just fine. Is it not?

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/7.0/

> No secret Leopard stuff. At least, not here. :-)
Heh. :)

jsnell
2007-10-18, 20:32
Nope, I've installed today's build and the device doesn't connect... Shows no version number for the server and no players.

dean
2007-10-18, 23:11
What version of firmware is on the jive?

jsnell
2007-10-19, 09:50
What version of firmware is on the jive?

I downloaded one Wednesday night from http://www.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.0/jive.bin and ran the updater... that's what's on there now.