PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade SlimServer - link disappeared

mwoodroof
2007-10-15, 10:20
Hi there, can anyone tell me where I can find the link in the SlimServer interface to upgrade my SlimServer to latest version (am using v6.2 which is a bit old now and have problems with my NetGear new (to me!) DG834PN router)?

I used to see a link in the SlimServer interface on the "Home" page to upgrade, never used it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) but now I want to use it, it has disappeaered! Can anyone tell me where to find it? I suppose I could just download the latest SlimServer installer and run it over my existing install, but am concerned that this might not be a good idea!?!?

Apologies for almost double posting a bit with the same question in the related thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21764&page=3) but really want an answer to this!

Thanks in advance for any help!

ceejay
2007-10-15, 11:27
Hi there, can anyone tell me where I can find the link in the SlimServer interface to upgrade my SlimServer to latest version (am using v6.2 which is a bit old now and have problems with my NetGear new (to me!) DG834PN router)?

I used to see a link in the SlimServer interface on the "Home" page to upgrade, never used it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) but now I want to use it, it has disappeaered! Can anyone tell me where to find it? I suppose I could just download the latest SlimServer installer and run it over my existing install, but am concerned that this might not be a good idea!?!?

Apologies for almost double posting a bit with the same question in the related thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=21764&page=3) but really want an answer to this!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Downloading and installing over the top shouldn't be a problem, its no different from what you'd see if you followed the missing link! Its a good idea to stop slimserver running first. Also note you will likely need updated versions of any plugins you've added.

Ceejay

mwoodroof
2007-10-15, 11:36
OK, will try that. Thanks a lot!