PDA

View Full Version : Release dates?

SilverRS8
2007-10-14, 04:46
Hi All,

Reading all about Jive and seeing the first pictures of the Beta release actually creates a very high 'I got to have it!' experience.

So I was wondering if there are some release dates known when it will come available. Didn't find it on the Wiki or forum :-(

Frank

mick_w
2007-10-14, 07:52
I personally hope they release hardware before Christmas, but judging by the feedback from the beta testers my guess is it wont be ready by then...

It looks like there's quite a few issues yet to iron out and it will also be dependant on the release of SqueezeCentre* v.7.0

We'll just have to wait and see.

Mick

*I prefer the English spelling!

pfarrell
2007-10-14, 08:06
mick_w wrote:
> It looks like there's quite a few issues yet to iron out and it will
> also be dependant on the release of SqueezeCentre* v.7.0
>
> We'll just have to wait and see.

Technically, the beta is a test. There is no 'commitment' to release it.

Now, I'll grant them the option of saying all this "maybe it won't work'
stuff, but when it works, its wonderful, and lots and lots of folks are
going to say "gotta have it'

Predicting when software is done is impossible.

funkstar
2007-10-14, 09:28
Someone, in another thread, said SC7 is slated for a November release. Obviously this is dependant on any outstnading problems/bugs

SilverRS8
2007-10-14, 10:16
I personally hope they release hardware before Christmas, but judging by the feedback from the beta testers my guess is it wont be ready by then...

Ahh ok but sounds like it will be a matter of months? That's good to know. Thanks.

Frank

peterw
2007-10-14, 19:33
Ahh ok but sounds like it will be a matter of months? That's good to know. Thanks.

The SqueezeCenter 7 software is scheduled (tentatively!) for a November release. The Jive hardware beta gear depends on SqueezeCenter 7, but SqueezeCenter 7 does *not* depend on the Jive hardware. I've seen speculation not only about Jive-based remotes, but new Squeezebox hardware, too. But Logitech does not need to wait for new hardware to be ready to go in order to release SC 7. They could very well "release" SC 7 tomorrow and not sell new hardware until next spring.

-Peter