PDA

View Full Version : Getting album art in linux, how to?

st2000
2007-10-12, 15:49
Hi...

Was wondering, it's been a while since I had my first go around getting album art. I think I had about 40% coverage. So, I thought I'd investigate if things have changed. Well, I found several apparently killer applications for $$ for windows but not much for linux. I was looking for albumart.qt (I think) and found a URL to a missing page.

So, what are linux users using these days?

..thanks

SumnerH
2007-10-13, 15:21
Hi...

Was wondering, it's been a while since I had my first go around getting album art. I think I had about 40% coverage. So, I thought I'd investigate if things have changed. Well, I found several apparently killer applications for $$ for windows but not much for linux. I was looking for albumart.qt (I think) and found a URL to a missing page.

So, what are linux users using these days?

..thanks

I didn't even know there were apps to handle this--I do it the same way I would've thought everyone did, I drop the cover on the scanner while the album is ripping.

st2000
2007-10-13, 15:57
I didn't even know there were apps to handle this--I do it the same way I would've thought everyone did, I drop the cover on the scanner while the album is ripping.

Ok, looks like I have to prime this thread:

For Windows / $$ (and this is just what I found - don't know if it is any good):

fixtunes

For Linux / Windows / GPL :

albumgrabber

...there are more - but it's a start.

mflint
2007-10-13, 16:31
For your info, I used the script here (http://legroom.net/files/software/getalbumart).

It worked reasonably well, picking up only the occasional wrong cover. A rough guess would be that it found between half and two-thirds of albums automagically.

The rest I... errr... borrowed from Amazon and the like.

Matthew

slimpy
2007-10-13, 16:36
The rest I... errr... borrowed from Amazon and the like.
Where do you think do such applications take the images from?

I don't use any program at all. I just download them from amazon & co. as I rip the CD.

-s.

mherger
2007-10-14, 04:12
> I didn't even know there were apps to handle this--I do it the same way
> I would've thought everyone did, I drop the cover on the scanner while
> the album is ripping.

Too much work for me: google does the job for me while ripping the songs ;-)

Michael

mflint
2007-10-14, 06:34
Where do you think do such applications take the images from?

I don't use any program at all. I just download them from amazon & co. as I rip the CD.

-s.

I should have added the word "manually", as opposed to the automatic scripted job!

Matthew