PDA

View Full Version : CLI Bug ?

barrygordon
2007-10-12, 11:26
I was told by the support team to document this here. I do not understand why. It is a clear bug. The support team should help not just pass off. This needs to be converted to a bug report which I do not know how to do. Support should have done that. I guess it is now a Logitech company..

I have 122 artists in my library
a CLI request that looks like: 'artists 122 10 ?'
returns: 'artists 122 10 %3F count%3A122 id%3A20 artist%3AA.F.I.'
The artist AFI is the first (0 index) artist in the library.
The above request having an initial starting value greater than the highest index in the artist section of the library should return no entries. 'artists 122 10 %3F count%3A122'

Fred
2007-10-12, 16:51
Had a bad day, Barry ?

I can confirm this is a bug. I can replicate this on 7.0x so I guess it must be in 6.x as well.

It's a very minor one because whatever system is sending this query is a bit stupid, since it could save itself from sending any command where index >= count. If it must send it for some reason, then its results could be ignored when receiving the command.

I will save you from the pain of learning Bugzilla and promise to have a look one day if I think about it.

Oh, and you do not need the ? in such queries: 'artists 122 10' works fine.

Fred

barrygordon
2007-10-12, 19:39
Yes I had a bad day.

I used to rave about the support staff at Slim devices, but I guess those days are gone.

yes, I could add a test to ensure that I only request at proper index values, but still it should not return what it did. I will look at the code now that I have calmed down, I might be off by one (>= vs >)

dean
2007-10-18, 11:32
Please file a bug so we can track this issue.

Thx!

-dean

JimC
2007-10-18, 16:53
Yes I had a bad day.

I used to rave about the support staff at Slim devices, but I guess those days are gone.

yes, I could add a test to ensure that I only request at proper index values, but still it should not return what it did. I will look at the code now that I have calmed down, I might be off by one (>= vs >)

The support staff is the same (with some turnover) as it was when Slim Devices was purchased by Logitech. The only support policy that was changed was that the warranty was *increased* to 2 years on the Squeezebox.

I believe you were directed here as our support engineers are there to support our commercialized products (Squeezebox, Transporter, SqueezeNetwork, and SlimServer). They don't really support developers with problems in the codebase, or customers participating in the beta programs.

You can report bugs by visiting bugs.slimdevices.com, signing up for a free bugzilla account and filling out the form. There is a pretty extensive set of information there covering how to properly reports bugs, check in fixes, etc.

-=> Jim

Devans
2007-10-18, 17:16
bug filed: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5845