PDA

View Full Version : How do I get back to where I once belonged?

whitman
2007-10-12, 10:36
So, here I am on my lovely Squeezebox. On the remote, I choose Browse, then choose Artist, then choose ... oh, what shall we have, Traffic, then choose 'Paper Sun'. Very nice too. Then I go back with left arrow ... and I'm back to the top level. I'd really like to be back to Traffic and maybe hear 'Mr Fantasy' now. I know it's only a few more clicks of the remote, but it's kind of irritating. Isn't it?

kdf
2007-10-12, 10:47
Sounds like you have let the now playing screensaver kick in. Try changing this in player settings to "Now Playing (jump back on wake). This will take you back to where you were before the screensaver started.

-kdf

whitman
2007-10-12, 11:15
Ah, that's the very thing. Thanks so much. Typical Slimserver, I must say: it's usually there somewhere, but try finding it without a helpful chap like Mr. Kdf.

ddewey
2007-10-12, 11:34
Quoting kdf (kdf.2ycqlb1192211401 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> Sounds like you have let the now playing screensaver kick in. Try
> changing this in player settings to "Now Playing (jump back on wake).
> This will take you back to where you were before the screensaver
> started.

Damn, so THAT'S what (jump back on wake) means. I always meant to
look that up in the docs.

--
http://www.last.fm/user/ddewey

nicketynick
2007-10-12, 12:03
Ah, that's the very thing. Thanks so much. Typical Slimserver, I must say: it's usually there somewhere, but try finding it without a helpful chap like Mr. Kdf.

Damn, so THAT'S what (jump back on wake) means. I always meant to
look that up in the docs.

--
http://www.last.fm/user/ddewey

You said it! I don't know if I've ever seen 2 truer posts in a row in any forum!

Nostromo
2007-11-01, 10:14
So, here I am on my lovely Squeezebox. On the remote, I choose Browse, then choose Artist, then choose ... oh, what shall we have, Traffic, then choose 'Paper Sun'. Very nice too. Then I go back with left arrow ... and I'm back to the top level. I'd really like to be back to Traffic and maybe hear 'Mr Fantasy' now. I know it's only a few more clicks of the remote, but it's kind of irritating. Isn't it?

Yes, its irritating. But I don't use the "Now playing" screen as a screensaver. I prefer analog VU. I tried changing my screen saver to "Now playing (jump back on wake)", but it doesn't help. When I press on the left arrow, it still takes me back to the top level.

slimkid
2007-11-01, 11:15
Yes, its irritating. But I don't use the "Now playing" screen as a screensaver. I prefer analog VU. I tried changing my screen saver to "Now playing (jump back on wake)", but it doesn't help. When I press on the left arrow, it still takes me back to the top level.

try removing 'now playing' entry from top level menu

Nostromo
2007-11-01, 11:55
Not sure I want to do that.

So it seems it was designed that way and, sadly, there's no way around it. :( I wonder why it was designed that way in the first place.