PDA

View Full Version : SB3 auto-on? Help!

Heuer
2007-10-10, 06:15
One of my SB3's has decided to 'wake up' without assistance from me! Running 6.5.4 and the second SB3 and TP are not affected. I have checked Alarm is not on but it is still happening. A pain because it wakes up the NAS drives. Anyone seen this before or am I missing something?

Siduhe
2007-10-10, 06:19
Any chance you have opened up your Slimserver/SqueezeCenter to the outside world to remote access your music?

http://www.wormulon.net/index.php?/archives/2005/12/03.html

search the comments for "googledork"...

Otherwise a few more details (in particular, what OS you are running) would be good. Does wake up mean start playing music, or just become active (screen brighten etc)?

bernt
2007-10-10, 06:57
This happens to me too. Don't matter if I run slimserver on xp or on FreeNAS.

I'm not sure, but I think it happens if I turn the SB of while there is a playlist (random?) loaded and playing.

And for some reason after a while slimscrobbler try to submit but can't find the lastfm server, and that triggers the SB to start playing.

This is only speculations.

elziko
2007-10-10, 07:27
This is also happening to me and I've not found a solution here so I went to Slim Devices support.

Support say the can't help me any further until I connect my SB3 via cable rather than wireless. The trouble is that would either mean having a very long cable or moving my SB3 to a room where I'd never use it for up to a couple of weeks, for this is how long it can take for the problem to occur next for me. So I've given up for now.

However, if you are using wires rather than wireless or if it's easy for you to start then try contacting official support and see if you can get further than me. They'll initially make sure you have the latest firmware and server so check this first and quote the version numbers in your e-mail to save you a bit of toing and froing.

PLEASE, post back if you come up with any more information from them!

dem
2007-10-10, 09:12
This happened to me running SC7 beta. I figured it was related to something in 7.0 since it hasn't done it with 6.X over the past 2 years, but I guess not. I have no non-standard plugins installed.

Like bernt I had shut off the SB3 while Random Mix was running. It came back on and started playing some time around 3:00 AM local.

I'm not using wireless, and the only IR source in the room is a Harmony remote that would have required several button pushes to turn on only the SB3 and hit play. So the cat is off the hook. :-)

Heuer
2007-10-10, 10:20
My SS is running on a Dell with Win XP. The SB3 with the problem is running wirelessly and it is constantly on Random Play (but then so is the wired TP). I switch it off every night but lo and behold it is back on (playing) in the morning.

Although I have not had time to check it out I have a feeling that changing the 'on' time of the SB3 alarm has an effect on the wake-up even though the alarm itself is set to off. This only started after upgrading to 6.5.4.

moot
2007-10-10, 13:17
I had the same problem, but only after upgrading to 6.5.4 (on XP). Definitely no alarms set, and it would only start playing if I'd paused a Random Mix. SS was definitely not accessible outside my LAN.

I also have two SB3s - one wired, one wireless. This problem only ever happened on the wireless one. I'm also using SlimScrobbler, so perhaps that is related.

I moved to 6.5.4 on Debian a few weeks ago and the problem hasn't happened since.

Skunk
2007-10-10, 19:56
I also have two SB3s - one wired, one wireless. This problem only ever happened on the wireless one. I'm also using SlimScrobbler, so perhaps that is related.

This is happening to me with a wired Sb3 using the Win version of 7.0 and no alarms/plugins.

Once during the day while I was at work with a Tool album in the playlist (and volume louder than the neighbors might have liked), and another time with random mix paused while watching a movie.

I've resorted to making sure I turn off the amp or kill processes named squeeze before leaving the house, which I never bothered with on 6.5.3. The only other change was enabling wireless for the jive remote.

bernt
2007-10-13, 11:14
Found this in the slimserver log at the time of the last "autostart".

2007-10-13 20:07:32.9844 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 579)
frame 1: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::failedDirectStream (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 527)
frame 2: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_disco_handler (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 387)
frame 3: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 238)
frame 4: (eval) (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 238)
frame 5: Slim::Networking::Select::select (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 499)
frame 6: main::idle (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 452)
frame 7: main::main (/mnt/slimnas/slimnas/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1076)

mertles
2007-10-18, 16:29
Just adding myself to the list, and also to say that's it's also only happened when I've been playing my tunes Random play. I am also submitting to last.fm. SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows Vista - EN - cp1252

Mitch Harding
2007-10-30, 14:38
This occasionally happens to my wireless SB3 as well. It happened up
through SS version 6.5.4 on Windows XP. I just moved up to SC 7.0 on
Ubuntu -- hasn't happened since then, but I only just moved to this
new setup.

On 10/18/07, mertles
<mertles.2yoabz1192750201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> Just adding myself to the list, and also to say that's it's also only
> happened when I've been playing my tunes Random play. I am also
> submitting to last.fm. SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows