PDA

View Full Version : Sync problems



Jon Stevens
2004-01-19, 13:11
Hi,

A few people here are reporting sync problems, as I have done recently.

I have a four slimp and 1 squeezebox install as part of a major house
installation I have done for a client, and the sync is not working
properly, the music skips constantly. I have had the network tested and
it is fine, and if I play unsynced everything is fine.

For the people reporting sync problems, does your audio 'jump' like a
needle would on a record, or is it just that you cannot get syncronised
audio output?

I have spent over $1000 on a solution that was sold as a feature
(syncing), and my client hasn't paid me yet - I really am looking to
get this fixed!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Jon Stevens

dean
2004-01-19, 13:41
Hi Jon,

We're working hard on fixing the problems with sync. Sorry for the
delays.

Toward that end, we need some help reproducing the problem here. Can
you give me some additional details about the problem you are having?

1. Are you using the latest pre-release version of the software? If
not, please try that.
2. Does the sync problem occur if you are just syncing up the SLIMP3s
(and not the Squeezebox)?
3. Does the sync problem occur immediately when you try to play or do
you need to play a few songs for it to happen?
4. What operating system is the server using?

-dean

On Jan 19, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Jon Stevens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few people here are reporting sync problems, as I have done recently.
>
> I have a four slimp and 1 squeezebox install as part of a major house
> installation I have done for a client, and the sync is not working
> properly, the music skips constantly. I have had the network tested
> and it is fine, and if I play unsynced everything is fine.
>
> For the people reporting sync problems, does your audio 'jump' like a
> needle would on a record, or is it just that you cannot get
> syncronised audio output?
>
> I have spent over $1000 on a solution that was sold as a feature
> (syncing), and my client hasn't paid me yet - I really am looking to
> get this fixed!
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon Stevens
>
>

Dean Mullin
2004-01-19, 17:18
> 1. Are you using the latest pre-release version of the software? If
> not, please try that.

Using latest release that was available for OSX 1/17


> 2. Does the sync problem occur if you are just syncing up the SLIMP3s
> (and not the Squeezebox)?

I am only using squeezes. I have tried removing one of the three and
there is no difference with sync.

> 3. Does the sync problem occur immediately when you try to play or do
> you need to play a few songs for it to happen?

Usually a few songs, but I have had it happen immediately.

> 4. What operating system is the server using?

OSX