PDA

View Full Version : I'm desesperated: Slimserver don't connect

comuneros
2007-10-09, 08:39
I have received my Squeezeboz and I have been trying to use for two days. I manage to use it with my UMPC (Asus R2H) but with my PC I never have managed to initiate Slimserver. All in the Squeeze box is correctly configure but Slimserver in not working well. I start slimserver and after 30 seconds without opening the browser it stops.

In the UMPC as soon as launch slimserver it open the main window in a explorer window.

In the windows Xp of my PC the system opens the slimserver service but for an unknown reason it don't open the browser window (127.0.0.1:9000) It's not problem of the wifi router (ports, etc) because my UMPC uses the same wifi router and it works. I have check that no other service are using the 9000 port. The problem is in the Slimserver software and any conflict with any other software in my PC (I believe)

I have read the FAQ and I have tried all the possible solutions I have found in this forum.

I don't want to return it ...

Any help will be very very welcome!!!

(Sorry for my bad enghish)

SuperQ
2007-10-09, 09:27

Call Slimdevices/Logitech support, they're very good at resolving these kinds of problems. Unlike most companies they have smart people who know how the software works doing the support.

Phil Leigh
2007-10-09, 11:10
I have received my Squeezeboz and I have been trying to use for two days. I manage to use it with my UMPC (Asus R2H) but with my PC I never have managed to initiate Slimserver. All in the Squeeze box is correctly configure but Slimserver in not working well. I start slimserver and after 30 seconds without opening the browser it stops.

In the UMPC as soon as launch slimserver it open the main window in a explorer window.

In the windows Xp of my PC the system opens the slimserver service but for an unknown reason it don't open the browser window (127.0.0.1:9000) It's not problem of the wifi router (ports, etc) because my UMPC uses the same wifi router and it works. I have check that no other service are using the 9000 port. The problem is in the Slimserver software and any conflict with any other software in my PC (I believe)

I have read the FAQ and I have tried all the possible solutions I have found in this forum.

If slimserver is crashing it will leave behind an event in the Windows Control Panel - Event Viewer...see if you can find that and post it on here!

comuneros
2007-10-10, 07:00
I desinstall the firewall (Ashampoo Firewall) and now it WORKS!!!!

Thanks for all.

Phil Leigh
2007-10-10, 11:46
Cool - enjoy the music!