PDA

View Full Version : Play iTunes Podcasts w/ SS?

rocket j squirrel
2007-10-08, 20:08
I tried this question in the Beginner's forum, but it hasn't elicited a response.

How can I get SS to find my iTunes podcasts?

Craig, James \(IT\)
2007-10-09, 00:08
They should be in a 'podcasts' playlist if your iTunes scan is working
correctly.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

rocket j squirrel
2007-10-09, 06:30
Thank you. There may be something wrong with my iTunes scan, then. Two days ago, SS displayed the names of my iTunes music library playlists and their contents, but didn't show a "Podcasts" entry under the "Browse" header.

Yesterday, SS still showed the names of the playlists, but found them all to be empty.

I've rescanned my iTunes and SS's Home page says "Your music library contains 105 albums with 1089 songs by 240 artists." but clicking on any playlist label results in

"The current playlist: iTunes: Bach Violin (Modified) Download | Clear
Empty"

So SS agrees that I have music, but can't find it? And there is no entry for Podcasts under "Browse," so something's a bit messed up. I could use some suggestions.

Craig, James \(IT\)
2007-10-09, 06:58
As I said, you should have a Playlist called Podcasts.
(Even if you don't actually have a playlist in iTunes called Podcasts,
that's just the way it shows up. )
Being a Playlist, you'll find it in the 'Playlists' submenu of 'Browse
Music'.

Now, if you have your iTunes playlists in SlimServer, but they're all
empty, that's a whole other issue and I'm sure you can find plenty of
discussion of that in other threads! Luckily, it's never happened to me
so I don't know what the cause is!

Alternatively, you could try looking for Podcasts under Browse/Genre

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

rocket j squirrel
2007-10-09, 11:42
My apologies for not understanding your first response. Yes, there is a "Podcasts" entry in the iTunes playlist. Didn't notice it, didn't expect that SS would merge it with the music playlists, but that's due to me making assumptions.

This playlist is, like all the other playlists, empty in SS but not iTunes which is, as you say, another matter altogether! I'll look around for threads on that. Thank you for your help!