PDA

View Full Version : Screen problem

srw
2007-10-08, 11:55
I have a problem with the screen on my SB3, after a short while it no longer displays all the lines of text, its like i can see the song info and just a very small part of the information that should be above the song information (time left etc?). Anyone any ideas what might be causing this?

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-09, 07:40
You sure this isn't a screensaver kicking in? Try pressing the arrow keys or Now Playing.

srw
2007-10-09, 14:01
mmm, dont think so? it is strange how i can still see a small amount of text where the top line should be if you understand what i mean?

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-09, 14:13
So there's kind of half the text?

If so, then the screen hardware is defective. Contact support.

There were threads about this and I wanted to show you a picture but I can't come up with the right search term. Basically there were a batch of bad screens and when they heat up, portions of them go blank.

Ian_F
2007-10-09, 14:43
srw, any chance of posting a photo of the problem?

auronthas
2007-10-09, 19:08
What is the mean time before failure (MTBF) for vacuum fluorescent display?

Say, if I listen to SB3 three hours per day in average, what's a normal lifespan of vacuum fluorescent display?

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-09, 20:32
What is the mean time before failure (MTBF) for vacuum fluorescent display?

Say, if I listen to SB3 three hours per day in average, what's a normal lifespan of vacuum fluorescent display?

There have been a few threads on this.

Look at your VCR or microwave. The VFD dims but is still functional after 10 or even 15 years.

Those with first-generation SliMP3s from 2000/2001 (?) haven't noted any problems.

The SB3 will be obsolete long before the VFD outright fails.

auronthas
2007-10-09, 21:25
There have been a few threads on this.

Look at your VCR or microwave. The VFD dims but is still functional after 10 or even 15 years.

Those with first-generation SliMP3s from 2000/2001 (?) haven't noted any problems.

The SB3 will be obsolete long before the VFD outright fails.

I would search and check the old treads on VFD then, thanks, mark.