PDA

View Full Version : Help with issues installing Slim Server 6.5.4.

Groovit
2007-10-08, 02:36
I am having trouble installing 6.5.4

I am running XP SP2

Previous version had no problem.

I downloaded the .exe file from the site. I run the file and everything seems fine during the prompts but the installation freezes eveytime after the progress bar reaches 100%.

Edit... after trying again the progress window still locked up, however, after ending the task via task manager I see that the files were installed. I can not open slim server. Nothing happens when I click on the slimserver.exe file and the web interface pointed to this URL (http://localhost:9000) can not be found. Do I have to somehow manually set an IP address for slim server?

I have uninstalled the previous version and deleted the folder.

I was wanting to load the new version to hopefully help solve network connectivity issues since the introduction of my new Linksys WRVS4400N router.

Any ideas?

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-09, 07:37
Do you have any applications using port 9000?

Groovit
2008-01-08, 22:32
None that I know of.

I still can not figure it out. i will look at the port mapping to see if I can find anything.

The IP address is not found and the Squeezebox can not locate the server.

What should the default IP address of slim server be after the initial installation.

cparker
2008-01-09, 02:41
Hi Groovit,

The IP will depend on your network setup.

Since you are on XP, Start Menu -> Run -> type cmd into the window and hit ok.

Then when the command window comes up, type ipconfig

This will then tell you the IP address.

It sounds like your installation is totally mashed! I would recommend that you temporarily disable any firewall/anti virus software you have and run the install again, sometimes the install may appear to have frozen but its actually doing stuff in the background so leave it for a few minutes and hopefully it will complete :)