PDA

View Full Version : flickr screen saver orientation

Fifer
2007-10-07, 11:52
Am I doing something silly? My pictures appear on flickr ok, but when using them as a Jive screensaver, they are rotated clockwise by 90 degrees. (I won't be using them again until the picture change beep bug's fixed).

The analogue clock is very nice though.

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-07, 11:58
No, you're not doing anything wrong. Pictures on Flickr in landscape (wider than tall) will be displayed on JHB in landscape by orienting them at 90 degrees. Pictures in portrait (taller than wide) will be displayed "normally".

I'm not sure if this behaviour should be changed. To display a landscape image in the portrait aspect ratio of the JHB screen would shrink the image to a great degree and require image processing and the use of those awful black bars.

Craig
2007-10-07, 12:08
The Flickr sound is the 'forward' sound, I just turned it off.
I'm also having problems with it locking up but I'm more concerned about the transport controls not working under it.

Craig

Fifer
2007-10-07, 12:55
No, you're not doing anything wrong. Pictures on Flickr in landscape (wider than tall) will be displayed on JHB in landscape by orienting them at 90 degrees. Pictures in portrait (taller than wide) will be displayed "normally".

I'm not sure if this behaviour should be changed. To display a landscape image in the portrait aspect ratio of the JHB screen would shrink the image to a great degree and require image processing and the use of those awful black bars.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.