PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and a question about high-res audio

darrell
2007-10-06, 13:47
Hello all,

Just installed my new Squeezebox and am very happy. I'm using it into an Arcam/Dynaudio hifi setup, and it sounds great (using the internal DAC). Many thanks to all at Slim Devices for caring enough about sound quality to make the thing (and I suppose to Logitech for carrying it on and making it more widely available).

Now a question - I have a 88.2/24 flac download from Linn Records, which is playing right now through the SB. Am I right in assuming that the SB DAC is downsampling to 44.1, but keeping the 24 bit depth?

Also - a little info for Logitech marketing. I bought my SB from PC World in the UK, after finally finding it shelved with their small selection of 100 "Hifi" systems and 39 internet radios. I visited the shop after reading on here that they're stocking the SB, but it was nowhere to be seen in their "network media player" section. Maybe they don't quite understand what the SB is! And the assistant at the till did a double take when the price came up, and asked me what it was I was paying for. I smiled and told him about the Transporter.

Anyway, Thanks again,

Darrell.

funkstar
2007-10-09, 03:26
Now a question - I have a 88.2/24 flac download from Linn Records, which is playing right now through the SB. Am I right in assuming that the SB DAC is downsampling to 44.1, but keeping the 24 bit depth?
I believe so, but head over to the Audiophile forum, the Linn releases have been discussed in deapth, i think there were some problems playing the 88.2 files initially. Oh, and the search function of the forums is your friend :)

Welcome to the forums btw :)