PDA

View Full Version : Have trouble with the very basics....

RioTubes
2007-10-05, 18:12
Topic: playlists

When scrolling through the SB's "browse" menu, I don't see any of the albums I've saved under ALBUMS but am ultimately able to play them when scrolling to MUSIC FOLDER. In this folder, the artists show up as well as any albums I've saved.

Yes, I initiated the "scan for new music" activity on slimserver's web interface. This recognizes all the new music but not under ALBUMS on SB's display.

Do I need to create Playlists for each album and place them in MY PLAYLIST folder? I can't figure out how to do this. I'm saving music as wav files.

Mark Lanctot
2007-10-05, 18:21
I'm saving music as wav files.

There's your problem. No tags!

In order for SlimServer to guess what the album should be, you have to arrange your folder structure as specified in Server Settings - Formatting - Guess Tags. Either change your directory format or change the format in Guess Tags.

Moral of the story: don't use WAV or stuff like this happens! If you truly think that WAV sounds better, you can transcode from any lossless format to WAV in the server.

SuperQ
2007-10-05, 21:18
Moral of the story: don't use WAV or stuff like this happens! If you truly think that WAV sounds better, you can transcode from any lossless format to WAV in the server.

Yep, FLAC is your friend. There is no reason to not use it.