PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver not picking up iTunes library on mapped drive

dansumption
2007-10-05, 03:22
I am running Slimserver 6.5.4 on Windows XP, and recently had to reorganise my hard disks to free up some space. As a result, my MP3s are now in a subdirectory rather than a root directory as they were previously.

To keep my iTunes library running as before, I have set up a virtual drive using SUBST, so that to the OS everything appears as it did before (with all of my MP3s stored under the root of the L:\ drive)

This seems to work fine in iTunes - everything running just as expected. However, when I go into Slimserver, it is only showing 2 albums in my library, where previously I had a couple of thousand. On checking, both of these albums are stored on a different drive from the rest of my collection, and hence have not moved.

I have tried rescanning the entire library several times, but I always end up with just the same two albums.

Can anyone help me out?

mherger
2007-10-05, 03:39
> To keep my iTunes library running as before, I have set up a virtual
> drive using SUBST, so that to the OS everything appears as it did
> before (with all of my MP3s stored under the root of the L:\ drive)

It's not to the OS that it looks the same, but to you ;-). And to the applications running for you. But if SlimServer is running as a service, it very likely doesn't see that mapping. Try to shut it down and set it to "run at logon" to run in your realm.

Michael

dansumption
2007-10-05, 07:29
Thanks Michael, that seems to have solved it - albeit a bit strangely. I stopped & restarted the Slim service, did a rescan, and all of the albums appeared. However, in iTunes (which had been running at the time), my library emptied itself except for the two albums which I mentioned. But on rebooting (with Slimserver set to start at login) both Slim and iTunes seem OK.