PDA

View Full Version : MusicMagic Plugin - how does it work?

RichardLT
2007-10-03, 03:19
Hi

I just got my SqueezeBox 3 with a QNAP TS-109 NAS yesterday. Everything seems to work, except I created playlists on my PC using MusicIP and they don't play. I am sure that this is due to the .m3u files pointing to the wrong files.

It seems that there is a MusicMagic plugin installed and enabled on the SlimServer.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?

I can't find any details.

Thanks

Richard LT

neilcoburn
2007-10-03, 03:35
The forum search isn't working for me right now, but there is a thread on this somewhere. Music Magic (now called Music IP) isn't supported on QNAP/NAS devices. I asked the Music IP people whether they could produce a version that would work (called Power PC I think?) but they said they had no plans to introduce it. So it sounds like a non-starter I'm afraid.

Siduhe
2007-10-03, 03:39
If you just want the playlists to play in Slimserver, open them up with a text editor (Wordpad or Editpad for example) - what is the path to the file? Is is the same way that Slimserver sees the path to your music folder?

If the QNAP sees the path to your music folder as //Music/Album/Song and MusicIP sees it as D:/Music/Album/Song, they won't play.

Just amend the playlists (using find and replace) so that you make the file paths in the playlist look the same way that Slimserver sees them. Then do a playlist rescan. They should work ok then.