PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox 1 w/ Upgraded (Dead) Display

lowbit
2007-10-02, 21:16
I noticed this morning that my Squeezebox 1 (with the upgraded display) appeared to be off. There was nothing on the display and it wasn't responding to the remote or to a power cycle. I opened it up this evening and am seeing an orange spark on the front side of the display board near C22 when power is applied to the device. Not to mention the nice smell of ozone.

Obviously there has been a hardware failure. Anyone else know if a repair is possible or if one can order a new display for this unit? Rather disappointing when I have far older audio gear running flawlessly. :-(

--
Matthew

Ben Sandee
2007-10-02, 21:22
On 10/2/07, lowbit <lowbit.2xv13b1191385201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
> Rather disappointing when I have far older audio gear running
> flawlessly. :-(

I've got far younger gear that's failed. That's consumer electronics for
you.

Ben

pfarrell
2007-10-02, 21:26
lowbit wrote:
> Obviously there has been a hardware failure. Anyone else know if a
> repair is possible or if one can order a new display for this unit?

I'd be amazed, Consumer electronics are generally not repairable.

I've got a SB1/g (wired only) that I'm not using if you are interested
in buying it. Guarenteed to work.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

lowbit
2007-10-02, 21:31
On 10/2/07, lowbit <lowbit.2xv13b1191385201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
> Rather disappointing when I have far older audio gear running
> flawlessly. :-(

I've got far younger gear that's failed. That's consumer electronics for
you.

Ben

No kidding, as someone on Xbox 360 number 3 and who knows a guy on number 9. A sad state in general.

I don't see the display part listed in the store, but I can get a new antenna! Oh well.

--
Matthew

funkstar
2007-10-03, 02:33
Send an email to Support directly. There is a chance that they still have some spare parts.

Thats not too bad for a device that is between 2 1/2 and 4 years old i don't think.

lowbit
2007-10-03, 08:01
Send an email to Support directly. There is a chance that they still have some spare parts.

Thats not too bad for a device that is between 2 1/2 and 4 years old i don't think.

Will do. I will give support a try, thanks.

I do think it is bad it didn't make it longer than 4 years. Certainly makes me leery of dropping the cash on a new one. *shrug*

--
Matthew

coldslabs
2007-10-03, 08:45
I have an SB1 I upgraded with the new screen. I still have the removed old screen which you can have if you want it. (Caveat: I have to figure out where I put it first.)

PM me if you are interested.