PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter - Album & artist index for non-english text



auronthas
2007-10-02, 06:35
I upgraded my SS from 6.5.4 to SC 7 last night.

Kudos to team crews who develop this fantastic software. I have no more buffering problem with internet radio since, could it improvement of SC7 or my ISP?

However, there is a 'bug' in album & artist index, the text A to Z are shown within the grey box, but not other character such chinese, japanese text, I do hope it can be improved, otherwise, the non-english text clashes with the first album art.

Attached please find photo showing the above problem

mherger
2007-10-02, 06:52
> However, there is a 'bug' in album & artist index, the text A to Z are
> shown within the grey box, but not other character such chinese,
> japanese text, I do hope it can be improved, otherwise, the non-english
> text clashes with the first album art.

Could you please file a bug at http://bugs.slimdevices.com ? Thanks!

Michael

auronthas
2007-10-02, 07:30
> However, there is a 'bug' in album & artist index, the text A to Z are
> shown within the grey box, but not other character such chinese,
> japanese text, I do hope it can be improved, otherwise, the non-english
> text clashes with the first album art.

Could you please file a bug at http://bugs.slimdevices.com ? Thanks!

Michael

Noted and I have reported.

auronthas
2007-10-04, 01:17
Michael,

I downloaded nightly update on SC 7.0 (3 Oct 2007), the above mentioned bug still not resolved.

mherger
2007-10-04, 01:46
> I downloaded nightly update on SC 7.0 (3 Oct 2007), the above mentioned
> bug still not resolved.

Please empty your browser's cache and force a reload of the page
(especially the one inside the left frame). I've successfully tested it
with MSIE6/7, FF2, Opera 9 and Safari.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

auronthas
2007-10-04, 02:22
> I downloaded nightly update on SC 7.0 (3 Oct 2007), the above mentioned
> bug still not resolved.

Please empty your browser's cache and force a reload of the page
(especially the one inside the left frame). I've successfully tested it
with MSIE6/7, FF2, Opera 9 and Safari.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

You are great, thanks, problem resolved.

TheTurtle
2008-01-09, 02:49
My problem is : Chinese album index letters are gone, this happened from SC 7.0 some nightly version, please see the screen shots. The same situation for the Artists list.

mherger
2008-01-09, 02:58
> My problem is : Chinese album index letters are gone, this happened from
> SC 7.0 some nightly version, please see the screen shots. The same
> situation for the Artists list.

Do you have a rough idea when this happened?
--

Michael

auronthas
2008-01-09, 03:39
I have no problem with chinese text album/artist with SC 6 Jan nightly.

Is the chinese text shown in other skins, i.e default, classic?

TheTurtle
2008-01-09, 06:47
Sorry,forgot to mention my environment :

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 15738 - Linux - EN - utf8
Server IP address: 192.168.1.5
Perl Version: 5.8.8 armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 4.1.15

Platform Architecture: armv5tejl-linux
Hostname: DS-207

Running on Synology DS-207+, I use the default skin

mherger
2008-01-09, 06:59
> SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 15738 - Linux - EN - utf8

Please try the very latest nightly. We're in the 16000 now.


--

Michael

TheTurtle
2008-01-10, 07:46
> SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 15738 - Linux - EN - utf8

Please try the very latest nightly. We're in the 16000 now.


--

Michael

Thanks, it works now.