X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • briandils
    • Aug 2007

New User Interface Designer

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick introduction to the forums community. I am the new User Interface Designer at Slim Devices. I'll try to be on the forums as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly with any issues relating to design or the user interface...

Thanks,
    Brian Dils

email bdils [at] slimdevices [dot] com
    AIM slidnairb
    Skype brian
    Last edited by briandils; 2007-10-01, 16:55.
    Brian Dils
    User Interface Designer
    Slim Devices
  • kdf
    NOT a Slim Devices Employee
    • Apr 2005

Welcome Brian.

I trust you have your rubber suit on order?

-kdf

Comment

• Dan Sully
      Perl Commando
      • Apr 2005

* kdf shaped the electrons to say...

>Welcome Brian.
      >
      >I trust you have your rubber suit on order?

Asbestos is better. I mentioned this to Dean this morning.

-D
      --
      <dsully> please describe web 2.0 to me in 2 sentences or less.
      <jwb> you make all the content. they keep all the revenue.

Comment

• kdf
        NOT a Slim Devices Employee
        • Apr 2005

On 29-Sep-07, at 12:39 AM, Dan Sully wrote:

> * kdf shaped the electrons to say...
        >
        >> Welcome Brian.
        >>
        >> I trust you have your rubber suit on order?

>
        > Asbestos is better. I mentioned this to Dean this morning.

Better yet, get the Ursus Mark V, Bear Proof Suit. Granted, it's
        Canadian so the costs might be prohibitive in the current economy.

-k

Comment

• erland
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by briandils
          Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick introduction to the forums community. I am the new User Interface Designer at Slim Devices. I'll try to be on the forums as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly with any issues relating to design or the user interface...
          Welcome Brian

I'll have to say that it feels very promising that Slim Devices/Logitech has decided to dedicate someone as User Interface Designer. I'm sure the current developers has worked with user interface design now and then, but when looking at the interface it doesn't feel like user interface design has been prioritized in some places.

You will soon be aware of the fact that there are some users that have very strong feelings regarding the current user interface of SqueezeCenter, but I'm sure you are also aware of the fact that this is usually the case. I think the interface that currently get most critique is the web interface, but I also think there is a lot to do regarding usability in the player interface and the new Jive interface.

When you feel ready I would really appreciate if we could have a discussion in the appropriate place in the forum regarding the user interface, to find out what people want to be change and which parts that work good and how people are working/not working with the interface today. I have some ideas myself but I know there are also other people around that have ideas.
          Last edited by erland; 2007-09-29, 10:48.
          Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
          Developer of many plugins/applets
          Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• vrobin
            • May 2007

Welcome aboard boy.

Comment

• funkstar
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by briandils
              Like a lamb to the slaughter.

Only joking

Hello Brian good to see you around.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
              In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Comment

• Siduhe
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dan Sully
                * kdf shaped the electrons to say...

>Welcome Brian.
                >
                >I trust you have your rubber suit on order?

Asbestos is better. I mentioned this to Dean this morning.

-D
                --
                May I suggest this?

And welcome!
                Who am I on LAST.FM?
                "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Comment

• Gregory P. Smith

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 01:22:43AM -0700, erland wrote:
                  > briandils;231029 Wrote:
                  > > Hi everyone,
                  > >
                  > > I just wanted to make a quick introduction to the forums community. I
                  > > am the new User Interface Designer at Slim Devices. I'll try to be on
                  > > the forums as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly
                  > > with any issues relating to design or the user interface...
                  > >

> Welcome Brian
                  >
                  > You will soon be aware of the fact that there are some users that have
                  > very strong feelings regarding the current user interface of
                  > SqueezeCenter, but I'm sure you are also aware of the fact that this is
                  > usually the case. I think the interface that currently get most critique
                  > is the web interface, but I also think there is a lot to do regarding
                  > usability in the player interface and the new Jive interface.

Damn the current users! (aka torpedos) Full speed ahead! Really.
                  I'm serious. If you want an order of magnitude or more customers
                  listening to the whines of quirky early adopters isn't the way to get
                  there.

Happy to see that UI Designer has joined the team,
                  Greg

Comment

• Jack Coates
                    • May 2005

honestly, there is nothing seriously wrong with the current interface
                    aside from speed, and that can be helped with additional hardware. I
                    use Fishbone. It's slow to start, but then, using the remote is slow
                    to start too; both are fine once you've gotten past load/first button
                    press.

On 10/6/07, Gregory P. Smith <greg (AT) electricrain (DOT) com> wrote:
                    > On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 01:22:43AM -0700, erland wrote:
                    > > briandils;231029 Wrote:
                    > > > Hi everyone,
                    > > >
                    > > > I just wanted to make a quick introduction to the forums community. I
                    > > > am the new User Interface Designer at Slim Devices. I'll try to be on
                    > > > the forums as much as possible, but feel free to contact me directly
                    > > > with any issues relating to design or the user interface...
                    > > >

> > Welcome Brian
                    > >
                    > > You will soon be aware of the fact that there are some users that have
                    > > very strong feelings regarding the current user interface of
                    > > SqueezeCenter, but I'm sure you are also aware of the fact that this is
                    > > usually the case. I think the interface that currently get most critique
                    > > is the web interface, but I also think there is a lot to do regarding
                    > > usability in the player interface and the new Jive interface.

>
                    > Damn the current users! (aka torpedos) Full speed ahead! Really.
                    > I'm serious. If you want an order of magnitude or more customers
                    > listening to the whines of quirky early adopters isn't the way to get
                    > there.
                    >
                    > Happy to see that UI Designer has joined the team,
                    > Greg
                    >
                    >
                    "That which does not kill you makes you bitter and cynical." -- Too Much Coffee Man

Comment

Working...