PDA

View Full Version : Buffering stops music from playing

paulwinnan
2007-09-27, 07:41
Hi after I have been playing the SB2 for a few hours it begins to buffer constantly. The only way I seem to be able to get around this is by turning everything (PC / Wireless Router / Squeezebox) off and on again, which is a real pain - does anyone know how I can get around this?

nicketynick
2007-09-27, 09:24
Sounds to me like trouble with the wireless. What router are you using? Is firmware up-to-date? What version of Slimserver & SB firmware?

paulwinnan
2007-09-30, 15:15
I have upgraded all of the slimserver and firmware today and am still getting the problem - in fact today it happened before the end of the first song!!

I think you may be right that it could be the wireless - I am using a Linksys Wireless G - 2.4GHz 802.11g wrk54g - but have also got a "linksys Wireless G Range expander" relay thingy (You can see I am not that techy! This was added because my laptop was not picking up the wireless network downstairs.

It all seems OK sometimes, so it seems to make little sense that it then goes wrong at other points. Can't easily run an ethernet cable down to the squeezebox otherwise that would be a good option!!

jeffmeh
2007-09-30, 17:29
There is some good information at http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?NetworkProblemsSecondGuide regarding troubleshooting your wireless connection. Perhaps it will help. Good luck.

Phil Leigh
2007-10-01, 10:11
Are you playing MP3 or something else?

At least one of "PC running server-Router" or "Router-Squeezebox" needs to be wired for reliable operation with anything other than MP3 IMHO. Which setup do you have?