PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the bar at the back of the SB3 hinged?

NeilF
2007-09-27, 06:07
I really thought when I got this thing the bar would pivot a bit so you could angle the unit from vertical to say about 45 degrees?

In my case, as it's up on a bookshelf, I want it vertical...

davep
2007-09-27, 09:08
I really thought when I got this thing the bar would pivot a bit so you could angle the unit from vertical to say about 45 degrees?

In my case, as it's up on a bookshelf, I want it vertical...

I found that an empty CD case put beneath the foot of the bar brought it pretty much to the vertical and in my case - also on a bookshelf - was invisible.

davep

NeilF
2007-09-27, 10:30
I found that an empty CD case put beneath the foot of the bar brought it pretty much to the vertical and in my case - also on a bookshelf - was invisible.

davep

My book shelf is just above waist height so that would be visable... I'll find something to prop it up...

Skittler
2007-09-28, 03:55
I also struggle to connect/disconnect the cables due to the position of the bar - there's very little finger room needed for leverage when the RCA interconnect has a tight grip to the SB3. Being able to swing the bar out of the way would certainly help there too.

NeilF
2007-09-28, 04:19
I also struggle to connect/disconnect the cables due to the position of the bar - there's very little finger room needed for leverage when the RCA interconnect has a tight grip to the SB3. Being able to swing the bar out of the way would certainly help there too.

If the bar was just in clicky position sockets so you could swing it up and down through 10-20 clicked positions, job done!