PDA

View Full Version : trigger amp on and off

vett93
2007-09-23, 13:08
I am thinking to get a Squeezbox or Transporter for my bedroom. One key feature I need is DC trigger to turn on/ff amp with the sleep timer.

Can any or both of them do that? I'd like to set the timer and listen to music before I fall into sleep.

Thanks.

gharris999
2007-09-23, 13:10
http://www.gwendesign.com/slimserver/dev_hard_and_software.htm#powerswitchii

vett93
2007-09-23, 13:51
Thanks for the pointer. My amp has a DC trigger input jack already. So I don't need to use an external relay for controlling the power.

My question is related to the sleep timer of the Squeezbox and Transporter. When the sleep timer expires and turn itself off, will it send the signal to the infrared output jack to turn off the amp?

Thanks.

SuperQ
2007-09-23, 16:17
Thanks for the pointer. My amp has a DC trigger input jack already. So I don't need to use an external relay for controlling the power.

My question is related to the sleep timer of the Squeezbox and Transporter. When the sleep timer expires and turn itself off, will it send the signal to the infrared output jack to turn off the amp?

Thanks.

If you're talking about IRBlaster, yes, any time an "Off" event is triggered it will send the IR command.