PDA

View Full Version : How to downgrade firmware ?

erland
2007-09-22, 07:35
In the beta news mail sent out earlier today, the recommendation was to downgrade the Jive firmware to 18/9 version. However, when I startup SlimServer nightly from 18/9 it will download the latest firmware from the SlimDevices/Logitech central server.

So I suppose this way to downgrade isn't going to work, or am I doing something wrong ?

I'm using the the ZIP Windows package and just unzipped it and started SlimServer and in the command prompt window I can then see that it downloads the latest firmware version automatically.

Is the firmware even part of the ZIP distribution ?

bpa
2007-09-22, 07:47
A jive_1_rxxx.bin file should be in each nightly directory and is not part of the ZIP. However there were problems and some nights there is no jive bin file.

On startup of slimserver, after a while a jive-1rxxx.bin gets downloaded by slimserver into the slimserver cache directory. I don't know where it comes from. The jive file in the cache is the file that is used when you select "update from server" on the jive remote.

So my guess would be to put the desired jive bin file in the cache directory and then request Jive update from server. I don't know what version checking may be done.

The easiest way to downgrade is to use an SD card.

powellmi
2009-11-04, 23:02
I wanted to download latest Jive FW for Controller. The 7.5 nightly shows available Jive.bin from 03.11.09. Doing the download brings me a ZIP file.
When I compare to my previous download of Jive, done 29.10.09 there is the difference: Old Jive is a true BIN file. Explorer shows Type: BIN-file

What do you suggest?

funkstar
2009-11-05, 03:13
I wanted to download latest Jive FW for Controller. The 7.5 nightly shows available Jive.bin from 03.11.09. Doing the download brings me a ZIP file.
When I compare to my previous download of Jive, done 29.10.09 there is the difference: Old Jive is a true BIN file. Explorer shows Type: BIN-file

What do you suggest?
To get the latest firmware, you should download Squeezebox Server 7.5 nightly and install it. This will then pull the latest firmware down on a daily basis... if there are changes.