PDA

View Full Version : SB3 didn' connect

UlliK
2007-09-21, 10:45
Hi everybody,

since today I'm owner of an brand new SB3. It's a logitech branded one without the "3" in the name.

It should replace my old SB 1, witch ist still operating well in our WLAN Network.

I've installed the SB3 as usual, it connect's to my slimserver and on the screen flashes 'waking up slimserver' or sometimes 'connecting to slimserver', then the SB3 stops operating. If I press a button on the remote, the text flashes again for half a second or so.

This while my SB1 is still operating fine with the same PC and slimserver, so probably network settings are ok.
Additionally I've tried it with disabling every network security / fire wall features, but same results no connect too.

When I press the BRIGHTNESS button for a while, I got the message
update_begin: bad state
and the SB3 reboots

I'm using
SlimServer-Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - DE - cp1252
Perl-Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL-Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
for some weeks succesfully with my old SB1

Any advice?

TIA
Ulrich

danco
2007-09-21, 15:29
Try the following.

Press AND HOLD the Power button until the menu comes up. It will probably say "set up networking". DON'T go through that procedure, but press Up, and then press Right.

This works in some situations - I find I often need it after my computer has been asleep for a long time - but may not be a solution for you.

I'm told that sometimes one actually has to remove a firewall, not just disable it.

Also, if you press and hold the Power button, goin Up twice gets you to "connect to SqueezeNetwork". You can check, as part of a diagnostic process, if you can connect to SN.

UlliK
2007-09-22, 05:26
With your tipp I've got my SB3 connected to the squeeze network.
And after reinstalling slimserver 6.4.5 it connects to the PC too.

BR
Ulrich