PDA

View Full Version : Play Lists and Queues

dbosomworth
2007-09-21, 00:37
Is it possible - either via a plug-in or something I'm just missing to have the Queuing and playlist functionality similar to Sonos (sorry ) - it is the only feature of theirs that is really useful

mherger
2007-09-21, 01:17
> Is it possible - either via a plug-in or something I'm just missing to
> have the Queuing and playlist functionality similar to Sonos (sorry ) -
> it is the only feature of theirs that is really useful

How is theirs implemented? I'm sorry, I couldn't bring up the money :-)

Michael

dbosomworth
2007-09-26, 09:48
Basically the sonos system will allow you to add to a queue while music is playing and then change the order of the queue. This is a great tool for parties - passing the control to the next person for them to add their favourite track(s) to the queue.

erland
2007-09-26, 10:52
Basically the sonos system will allow you to add to a queue while music is playing and then change the order of the queue. This is a great tool for parties - passing the control to the next person for them to add their favourite track(s) to the queue.

Doesn't the add button on the remote or in the web interface do this ? Or am I missing something ?

The Fishbone skin in the web interface has support for reordering the current playlist, I'm not sure if you can do it with the remote.

Edit: And the default skin also have the down/up arrows.

Club1820
2007-09-26, 11:55
The Fishbone skin in the web interface has support for reordering the current playlist

Edit: And the default skin also have the down/up arrows.

How do you reorder using fishbone? the only option I see are the up/down arrows.

would be nice to be able to reorder by reassigning track order #s. If Pink Martini's - Veronique is track # 5 in list - then just change it to 1 and hit some update button. Possible?

Its a pain to keep hitting the up/down arrow as it only moves it one spot in the playlist at a time.

erland
2007-09-26, 12:28
would be nice to be able to reorder by reassigning track order #s. If Pink Martini's - Veronique is track # 5 in list - then just change it to 1 and hit some update button. Possible?
No it isn't possible today in Fishbone skin.
I think the third party slimfx skin is the best one for managing playlists directly in slimserver since it supports drag & drop.

kdf
2007-09-26, 13:17
If you use SS7, both the new Default and Fishbone skins support Drag&Drop reording (and delete, in the case of Fishbone). In earlier versions, some skins support move up/down links in the playlist.

-kdf

Club1820
2007-09-26, 13:18
Speaking of skins.... I just took a look at the ones I have installed and I noticed "Default CB" "Fishbone CB" installed. Dont recall seeing these before - I may be wrong.? Are these different than the "Default & Fishbone" skins?

kdf
2007-09-26, 14:13
Speaking of skins.... I just took a look at the ones I have installed and I noticed "Default CB" "Fishbone CB" installed. Dont recall seeing these before - I may be wrong.? Are these different than the "Default & Fishbone" skins?

I can't say. Those skins aren't in svn, nor in the release. Did you make copies of the folders a some point? They skin list is jsut based on the folders found in the HTML folder. Installing slimserver does not currently write over anything in this location.

-kdf

erland
2007-09-26, 16:04

This is the same as Default/Fishbone with a small difference, they replace the Song Info page with the Custom Browse implementation. The DefaultCB/FishboneCB skins are available if you have Custom Browse plugin installed.

Brian Ritchie
2007-09-26, 16:58

Doesn't sound that different...

Out of the box, you can use the remote to add tracks/albums/artists/whatnot either to the end of the current playlist, or to come up next. At least some of the web skins allow both behaviours too.

Adding anything to a shuffled playlist causes it to re-shuffle. Sometimes I like this, sometimes I don't. You can add a plugin that removes songs as they're played, so they won't come up again if you add new stuff.

(I'm not sure what happens if, say, you add a whole album Next to a list shuffled by song. Does the whole album get played (and is it shuffled?) before anything else comes up? Yeah, I'm too lazy to try it myself right now :-) )

Moose supports reordering by drag and drop.

-- Brian

Club1820
2007-09-26, 19:28
The DefaultCB/FishboneCB skins are available if you have Custom Browse plugin installed.

I do. Thanks!