PDA

View Full Version : Multiple libraries?

Meatwad650
2007-09-21, 00:34
Up until now I've used iTunes for my music and have been telling SlimServer to use the iTunes DB because that's faster. But now I've started to rip to FLAC. I have my FLAC files in a separate directory structure. Can I tell slimserver to use a library path plus the iTunes db? I'm getting an error that my library path doesn't seem to be valid and I'm wondering if that's because I've got the "use iTunes" bit set?

And if I can't do that, then I guess what I'll do is have my ripper (Max - tis excellent) put the FLAC files in the same directory as the MP3s - iTunes will just ignore. But what will slimserver do. I suppose there isn't some fancy way I can say "Hey, if MP3 and FLAC files exist in a directory then only play the FLAC files"? I mean I have to keep the MP3s around for my iPod (or maybe ALAC someday when I get a 160GB iPod or something) but if there's flac I just want the Squeezebox to play that. Is that possible?

moley6knipe
2007-09-21, 04:50
In iTunes, untick the mp3s that you don't want to appear in SS, using the little checkbox at the left of column view.

Then set SS to not read unchecked songs (it's in the web interface menu under Server Settings > iTunes, I think). That should work. You'll need to make sure that iTunes itself isn't set to ignore unticked songs when syncing to iPod.

Meatwad650
2007-09-21, 13:24
In iTunes, untick the mp3s that you don't want to appear in SS, using the little checkbox at the left of column view.

Then set SS to not read unchecked songs (it's in the web interface menu under Server Settings > iTunes, I think). That should work. You'll need to make sure that iTunes itself isn't set to ignore unticked songs when syncing to iPod.

Right, but how do I get SS to see the FLAC files? I tried adding a library path and it wouldn't take it but I'm not sure why.