PDA

View Full Version : Select album directly via remote

Bizarroterl
2007-09-19, 14:23
Hi,
Is there a way to select and play an album/CD directly via a remote? I have a TSU7500 and I'd like to be able to play a specific CD in addition to playlists.

Bizarroterl
2007-09-22, 10:35
It doesn't appear to be an existing way to do this. It is possible via a plugin but that would have to be written. I've had minimal experience with perl and being that I'm heavily involved in another programming project there just isn't the time. In lieu of this I think I'll go with a Nokia 770.

vrobin
2007-09-22, 15:54
Hi,
Is there a way to select and play an album/CD directly via a remote? I have a TSU7500 and I'd like to be able to play a specific CD in addition to playlists.

I never tried it yet, but isn't "favorites" function perfect for this? Long press on the key "1" launch favorite 1, etc.

Bizarroterl
2007-09-23, 09:47
I wanted to be able to access every CD by selecting the CD's artwork on the remote. I'm not familiar with favorites but I guess that feature isn't designed to be used with all CDs. 350+ favorites?

vrobin
2007-09-23, 09:54
I wanted to be able to access every CD by selecting the CD's artwork on the remote. I'm not familiar with favorites but I guess that feature isn't designed to be used with all CDs. 350+ favorites?

Nope, it isn't. I was not sure to have understood what you were looking for.

When I want to play an album, I just press play or "+" when I'm on the album title and it's working, but I fear I still don't really understand what you want to do :).

For example, when I browse song, or when I play a song in random song mix and I want to play the whole album, I press right in the song information, press up/down to get the album title, than press play or + to play the whole album...

Bizarroterl
2007-09-23, 14:16
I wanted to be able to put all the album's artwork into my remote. Then I could page through them, decide on an album and select it to play. The remote would then send something like <play><ablum ###> which slimserver/squeezebox would then play. I abandoned the idea though. The slimserver software isn't set up to do this and it would have been a maintenance headache with the remote. Plus, I don't know if the remote has enough memory to handle my entire collection. With the low cost of Nokia 770's on ebay I figured that it would be a lot less hassle to go that way.