PDA

View Full Version : SB3 w/Benchmark DAC-1

Danny66
2007-09-19, 13:04
My question is, if I buy a SB3, and decide later to by a DAC-1, do I need the USB version, or the regular one?

Thanks

pfarrell
2007-09-19, 13:49
Any DAC-1 will work.
Actually, the SB3 doesn't have a USB output, so there is no reason to get the USB version of the DAC-1.

I used a Benchmark DAC-1 for years, from a SqueezeBox 1, then a SB2. I loved it. I'd still be using it if I hadn't bought a Transporter.

If you decide you really need a DAC-1, check with me, I might sell you mine for a good price.

NewBuyer
2007-09-19, 19:03
...I used a Benchmark DAC-1 for years, from a SqueezeBox 1, then a SB2. I loved it. I'd still be using it if I hadn't bought a Transporter...

Curious please: Did the Transporter provide a sonic improvement over the SB3 with DAC1?

Danny66
2007-09-21, 07:49
pfarrell,

Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind! So, do you feel there is a big difference in sound quality, between the Transporter, and the SB2/Benchmark?
I'm still not sure which direction I will go, but I want to take my time; not to mention that this is still a new technology, and it will be growing, and changing very quickly. There is no telling what will be available in another year.
I may let this stuff mature a little, before buying a certian type of server.
My next purchase will be a pair of Canton Ergo 609DC speakers, to pair with my Krell KAV-400xi. Can't wait to hear them!