X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alstein
    • Sep 2007

Sirius Channels missing

Hi
    I am a new user of SB3. I downloaded and installed the zip file SiriusRadio0-8-4.zip, and installed it in the proper directory. I was able to sign in and stream Sirius on my SB3. I noticed that when I first chose Sirius on my SB3 the neon screen seemed to shut down for a minute or so and then turned itself back on. I was then able to access some Sirius channels such as Pure Jazz. However when I tried to access Howard Stern, the category name was there, but there were no channels. All I saw was empty on the screen. I tried the genre entertainment, and there were also no channels. I took a look at the channels on Slimserver on my PC, and while some are there, others are not. I suspect that I may have inadvertantly aborted the setup while it was adding channels. The SB3 screen was dark for what seemed to be a long time, so I hit the "on" button on my remote a couple of times. Is there any way to add the missing channels? Thanks.
  • GoCubs
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by alstein
    Hi
    I am a new user of SB3. I downloaded and installed the zip file SiriusRadio0-8-4.zip, and installed it in the proper directory. I was able to sign in and stream Sirius on my SB3. I noticed that when I first chose Sirius on my SB3 the neon screen seemed to shut down for a minute or so and then turned itself back on. I was then able to access some Sirius channels such as Pure Jazz. However when I tried to access Howard Stern, the category name was there, but there were no channels. All I saw was empty on the screen. I tried the genre entertainment, and there were also no channels. I took a look at the channels on Slimserver on my PC, and while some are there, others are not. I suspect that I may have inadvertantly aborted the setup while it was adding channels. The SB3 screen was dark for what seemed to be a long time, so I hit the "on" button on my remote a couple of times. Is there any way to add the missing channels? Thanks.
    If you restart SlimServer and access the plugin again it should do a fresh fetch of the available channels which will hopefully get all of them...

There is a known cookie issue with the SlimServer 7 version of the plugin which can cause some channel retrieval problems, however based on your message you're on SlimServer 6.5.

-Greg

Comment

• alstein
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by GoCubs
      If you restart SlimServer and access the plugin again it should do a fresh fetch of the available channels which will hopefully get all of them...

There is a known cookie issue with the SlimServer 7 version of the plugin which can cause some channel retrieval problems, however based on your message you're on SlimServer 6.5.

-Greg
      Yes. My Slimserver version is 6.5.4. I did do a restart a few times and it helped. However I checked each Sirius channel which displays when I browse Sirius by Channel numbers, against the internet radio channels on the Sirius web page. The Channels with one exception are all on the SB3. The exception is their Channel SIR-1 (NPR), which does not appear anywhere on the SB3 Sirius channel list. In addition, Channels are not populating the genres in several cases in Slimserver. So, for example, if I choose Entertainment, nothing appears even though all the entertainment channels that are supposed to be there do exist when you search by channel number or name. This applies to other Genre's such as Talk (which includes news and NPR on Sirius' web list. It's not a big deal, but is there any way that I could add channels to a genre?

Comment

• GoCubs
        • Apr 2005

Yes. My Slimserver version is 6.5.4. I did do a restart a few times and it helped. However I checked each Sirius channel which displays when I browse Sirius by Channel numbers, against the internet radio channels on the Sirius web page. The Channels with one exception are all on the SB3. The exception is their Channel SIR-1 (NPR), which does not appear anywhere on the SB3 Sirius channel list. In addition, Channels are not populating the genres in several cases in Slimserver. So, for example, if I choose Entertainment, nothing appears even though all the entertainment channels that are supposed to be there do exist when you search by channel number or name. This applies to other Genre's such as Talk (which includes news and NPR on Sirius' web list. It's not a big deal, but is there any way that I could add channels to a genre?
        Hmmmm. I'll have to check my local copy and see if it's still putting the channels into the proper genre buckets. Right now the channels are added automatically (although I think I do some manual cleaning stuff) so there isn't an easy way to manually add a channel to a particular genre.

-Greg

Comment

• alstein
          • Sep 2007

Hmmmm. I'll have to check my local copy and see if it's still putting the channels into the proper genre buckets. Right now the channels are added automatically (although I think I do some manual cleaning stuff) so there isn't an easy way to manually add a channel to a particular genre.

-Greg
          Thanks....one other question. If the SB3 is streaming Sirius, and I try to log in and open up a Sirius player on my PC at the same time, will I be blocked because of the Sb3 having alreeady logged on?

Comment

• GoCubs
            • Apr 2005

Thanks....one other question. If the SB3 is streaming Sirius, and I try to log in and open up a Sirius player on my PC at the same time, will I be blocked because of the Sb3 having alreeady logged on?
            As long as you don't run out of your daily logins it should let you in. I believe any previously playing streams should continue to play, however, if you go to play another stream on the SB it'll do a fresh login which will probably invalidate your web login.

Bottom line is- A new login shouldn't impact a stream that is already playing.

There are 'clever' ways to 'share' cookies... you're on your own though as I cannot comment about it nor should it be discussed in the forums.

-Greg

Comment

• alstein
              • Sep 2007

As long as you don't run out of your daily logins it should let you in. I believe any previously playing streams should continue to play, however, if you go to play another stream on the SB it'll do a fresh login which will probably invalidate your web login.

Bottom line is- A new login shouldn't impact a stream that is already playing.

There are 'clever' ways to 'share' cookies... you're on your own though as I cannot comment about it nor should it be discussed in the forums.

-Greg
              Ok. Thanks. I think I understand. However, when I am listening to Sirius on the SB3, and I switch channels to another Sirius station, I assume that there is no logoff. If, however, I switch from Sirius to listening to another station, or my own music files, and then switch back to Sirius, does the SB3 log off at any point? I think I'm getting confused by my own question!!! <G>

Comment

• GoCubs
                • Apr 2005

Ok. Thanks. I think I understand. However, when I am listening to Sirius on the SB3, and I switch channels to another Sirius station, I assume that there is no logoff. If, however, I switch from Sirius to listening to another station, or my own music files, and then switch back to Sirius, does the SB3 log off at any point? I think I'm getting confused by my own question!!! <G>
                The plugin caches your login and will continue to use it until it becomes invalidated. Invalidating only occurs when a new login occurs, such as you logging in via a web browser. I've had logins last many months with no problems. The SB will never log out on its own. It only re-logs-in if a login has become invalidated.

So if you're listening to a channel and then play your own music, and then start listening to Sirius again, it should use your original login. That is, as long as you didnt log in somewhere else inbetween. If you did, then the plugin will be forced to re-login again.

This only applies to the version of the plugin for SS6.5. Due to some changes in how SS7 handles cookies the SS7 version of the plugin isn't caching/reusing logins properly.

-Greg

Comment

• alstein
                  • Sep 2007

The plugin caches your login and will continue to use it until it becomes invalidated. Invalidating only occurs when a new login occurs, such as you logging in via a web browser. I've had logins last many months with no problems. The SB will never log out on its own. It only re-logs-in if a login has become invalidated.

So if you're listening to a channel and then play your own music, and then start listening to Sirius again, it should use your original login. That is, as long as you didnt log in somewhere else inbetween. If you did, then the plugin will be forced to re-login again.

This only applies to the version of the plugin for SS6.5. Due to some changes in how SS7 handles cookies the SS7 version of the plugin isn't caching/reusing logins properly.

-Greg
                  OK. Now I get it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...