PDA

View Full Version : Jive and plugins ?

erland
2007-09-03, 22:38
Does each plugin need to write Jive code/applet to show up on the new Jive remote ?

Or is there some handling so the standard Jive interface will pickup the menus available on the standard SqueezeBox ?

Is it possible for a plugin to add sub menus below "My Music" and below "Internet Radio" in the Jive interface in the same way as this is possible on the SqueezeBox interface and the web interface ?

The only plugin I currently have installed is the "Information Browser", but I couldn't find that anywhere in the Jive interface.

bpa
2007-09-04, 00:23
In the last version of SS 7.0 - Infobrowser is now part of SS7.0. Irt does not need to be installed. It is under server/Slim/Plugin whereas AlienBBC (and originally Infobrowser) goes in server/Plugins. I don't know what will happen if there are two InfoBrowsers. An InfoBrowser addon now go into a folder in server/Plugins called InfoBrowsersAddons.

Where Plugins appear on Jive depends on the plugin. AlienBBC appears on Jive under "Internet radio" whereas Infobrowser appeared under "Extras".

I found that there was a lot of caching and had to delete the Cache and prefs to make Infobrowser appear. I'm sure there's a better way.

With latest SS7.0 you should make sure Jive is up to date as well.

Triode
2007-09-04, 11:34
Infobrowser was initally a true plugin (i.e. not shipped with the server). However it is now included with the server and the jive build so for infobrowser there is no need to install. I did need to create the ability to add addons to it (which are user installed) and so put these in server/Plugins/InfoBrowserAddons.

As for other plugins - yes you will need to add cli support for your plugins its probably best that someone who knows comments on that further though..

erland
2007-09-04, 21:21
Infobrowser was initally a true plugin (i.e. not shipped with the server). However it is now included with the server and the jive build so for infobrowser there is no need to install. I did need to create the ability to add addons to it (which are user installed) and so put these in server/Plugins/InfoBrowserAddons.

As for other plugins - yes you will need to add cli support for your plugins its probably best that someone who knows comments on that further though..

I didn't install the Infobrowser, it was just the only plugin available in the "Plugins" section of the Classic skin in the SlimServer web interface when using the default 7.0 svn package.

I updated to the latest SlimServer and Jive this morning and the Info Browser now also appears in the Jive interface under Extras.

I had a quick look at the Jive code and noted that there are some Information Browser related files in it stored in share/applets/InfoBrowser.

Do I understand it correctly, that if a plugin should appear on the Jive interface the following is required:
1. The perl part of the plugin must have a CLI interface so Jive can talk to
2. There must be a Jive applet for the plugin

So if a plugin developer doesn't make a Jive applet, the plugin won't show up on the Jive interface ?

So I need to implement three different user interfaces in a plugin:
- Web user interface
- Jive user interface
- Player user interface

Do I understand this correctly, or is there some work going on that will show the menus a plugin adds to the player interface also on the Jive interface automatically ?

I'm just asking these questions to get a better understanding if I need to do anything with my plugins to make them work with the new Jive remote.

barrygordon
2007-11-04, 15:49
I am just starting to look at moving to Jive and SC 7.0. so pardon my startup ignorance.

I need to be able to use the IR blaster plugin so that my Squeezebox will turn on the Audio Amplifier as it does today under 6.5.4.

I can not seem to find that plugin (or an equivalent methodology to send IR codes of my choice out of the IR jack). I use one IR code to turn on the amp, and one to turn it off.

Help appreciated.

Mark Lanctot
2007-11-04, 15:55
IRBlaster 5.1 for SC 7.0 is located here:

http://www.gwendesign.com/slimserver/dev_hard_and_software.htm#irblaster

Follow these instructions to get the IR codes:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?IRBlaster

I had to learn mine:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?IRLearning

barrygordon
2007-11-04, 17:53
Thanks Mark. That will help

barrygordon
2007-11-05, 15:35
I am still not quite out of the woods. I down loaded the blaster version for SC 7 as you suggested. I installed it in the plugins directory. SC 7 does not seem to recognize it. I started and stopped SC 7 no luck. I must be missing something

Update, I do see it in SC7 I now need to transfer over the IR codes. Any ideas on that one as I don't want to relearn them

Any help appreciated.