PDA

View Full Version : Folder structure creation

givendale
2007-09-03, 03:18
Hi there,

Is there any way of automatically creating a folder structure based on the tag infomation contained in flac files?

Thanks in advance.

Givendale

simbo
2007-09-03, 04:06
MediaMonkey (www.mediamonkey.com) can organise your files based on tags, and you can customise the structure. It will create the folders for you in the process.

quick_snack
2007-09-03, 04:09
Foobar has also the ability to store files according to the embedded tag information in mp3- and flac-files.

jeffmeh
2007-09-03, 04:38
MP3Tag also can reorganize the files into folders based upon the tags.

Wonko
2007-09-03, 05:09
Another vote for MediaMonkey here. Not only can you restructure your library, but you can edit tags easily, retrieve album details and artwork from Amazon, apply volume levelling, case check tags, etc. etc. I never really got my head around foobar, but that's probably my fault, not foobar's!
One oddity I have noticed with MediaMonkey though is that when using it to update mp3 tags it can seem to leave an 'out of sync' v1 tag even though they are set to be removed, and SS picks these up in favour of the v2 tags.
Hope this helps,
M

Siduhe
2007-09-03, 05:17
Tag & Rename will also do the job for you and a whole lot more besides. (Windows only) though.

If this is a one off, any of those mentioned above will do what you need. If you're looking for a longer term tagging solution - try the lot and work out which has the best interface/feature set for what you need.

There's also some more options in the wiki:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?BeginnersGuideToTagging

givendale
2007-09-04, 03:14
I already have mp3tag and foobar. I obviously need to dig into them a little further and have a play.

Regards
Givendale

adamslim
2007-09-04, 05:50
In MP3Tag, use the Convert Tag to Filename option, and do something like

\%artist%\%album%\%track% - %title% if you want it like iTunes. I like to have the artist and album in the filename too, but whetever is your fancy.

Adam

givendale
2007-09-05, 02:19
I ended up downloading Media Monkey and that seems to be the most intuative. It has a great window the shows you the before and after folder structure.

I think I will have a play with the suggestion for mp3tag just so I can see it happen, it's good to be able to do something more than one way.

Regards
Givendale