PDA

View Full Version : SlimNas can't find SoftSqueeze Player

csprof707
2007-09-02, 05:04
Hi,

I've installed SlimNas on my FreeNas box. It seemed to come up fine, and catalogued the music. However, It can't seem to find any of my SoftSqueeze players. I have two, one running under Linux, and the other running under XP. I also have a SlimServer running on Linux, and it can find the Softsqueeze's just fine. Is there a firewall issue on FreeNas (I don't see any setting for a firewall on FreeNas).

Thanks!
Jim

mherger
2007-09-02, 05:32
> However, It can't seem to find any of my SoftSqueeze players.

Can you access SlimServer from those machines? Did you try to tell SoftSqueeze which slimserver to use? It's the player who should find the server.

> other running under XP. I also have a SlimServer running on Linux, and
> it can find the Softsqueeze's just fine. Is there a firewall issue on
> FreeNas (I don't see any setting for a firewall on FreeNas).

I'm not sure whether the UPnP server on FreeNAS is using the same port as SlimServer? Just in case: turn it off to give it a try.

Michael

csprof707
2007-09-02, 05:44
Yes - I can access SlimServer on FreeNas from both machines. I didn't know SoftSqueeze had to be configured to a particular server. How do you do that?

I did have uPNP on, but I turned it off.

Thanks!
Jim

> However, It can't seem to find any of my SoftSqueeze players.

Can you access SlimServer from those machines? Did you try to tell SoftSqueeze which slimserver to use? It's the player who should find the server.

> other running under XP. I also have a SlimServer running on Linux, and
> it can find the Softsqueeze's just fine. Is there a firewall issue on
> FreeNas (I don't see any setting for a firewall on FreeNas).

I'm not sure whether the UPnP server on FreeNAS is using the same port as SlimServer? Just in case: turn it off to give it a try.

Michael

mherger
2007-09-02, 06:00
> Yes - I can access SlimServer on FreeNas from both machines. I didn't
> know SoftSqueeze had to be configured to a particular server. How do
> you do that?

There are three small icons on the left of the title bar. The second from the left is the settings page.

You normally don't have to configure it manually. But if there are problems, this can help track down the issue.

Michael

csprof707
2007-09-02, 18:07
Michael,

That was it! I was looking for something like that, but somehow I missed those little buttons on the top! I guess my eyes are going bad. Now I understand that it apparently preprograms the player with the ip address of the server from which it is installed.

Thanks so much - and congratulations on a great pairing of FreeNas and SlimServer!

Next I'm going to try to use SlimCD to make a Media Client!

Jim

mherger
2007-09-02, 23:11
> Next I'm going to try to use SlimCD to make a Media Client!

Wow, that's a new use case for it... just make sure you shut down slimserver on that machine if you're using it as a client only.

Michael