PDA

View Full Version : Heavy stuttering in softsqueeze via SSH

mkanet
2007-08-30, 09:45
For some reason I am getting heavy stuttering in softsqueeze via SSH; even though I have more than enough bandwidth to play streamed audio ~600Kbps usable bandwidth (upstream via internet). I even tried limiting audio bandwidth in the Slimserver encoder; but it didnt make any difference.

I dont have any issues playback back audio locally on the same machine. What's the problem?

The stuttering starts immediately when the audio starts to stream and stays pretty consistent.

mll
2007-09-07, 06:31
I was about to say I had the same problem, but upon restarting SoftSqueeze for the 10th time, the problem disappeared... wait, it's coming back... and 20 secs later it stutters again.

Using Putty, and I set on SoftSqueeze "Audio buffer size" to 328000. Maybe it's because I didn't install the recommended "Java MP3 plugin" (which refuses to install for some reason).

mll
2007-09-07, 08:07
OK, after a reboot, I could install the Java MP3 plugin. Not really better, but the problem seems transient - I suspect some bandwith bottleneck between the client and the server. Investigating.

zanash
2007-09-08, 02:17
I've heard an sb3 make the stuttering sound when the pc is multi tasking....connected to a bt hub that supplied the wireless connection...I felt it was the hub that was problem rather than the pc as rthe pc only showed 20% of the resources in use.

So I don't know if that helps or not !