PDA

View Full Version : Rating Music

jordi.c
2007-08-30, 07:19
Hello,

I installed the trackstating plugin from Erland so I can rate the tracks looks very nice so far.

There is one problem the ratings my sister gives to tracks is also viewable in mine squeezebox.

Is this normal that putting a rating in one squeezebox is automatically in the other squeezebox?

Is there a way to separate these two squeezeboxes concerning ratings?

My sister is not very novice with the squeezebox is it possible with the remote that she accidentally removes a track?

TIA.

erland
2007-08-30, 09:26
There is one problem the ratings my sister gives to tracks is also viewable in mine squeezebox.

Is this normal that putting a rating in one squeezebox is automatically in the other squeezebox?

Is there a way to separate these two squeezeboxes concerning ratings?No you can't separate the ratings from different SqueezeBoxes or different users, only one rating can be set per song.

My sister is not very novice with the squeezebox is it possible with the remote that she accidentally removes a track?It depends on what you mean with remove. She can't remove a track from the SlimServer database with the remote, but she can remove it from a playlist. If she removes it from the playlist it will still be available in the SlimServer library if you use browse or search. To remove a track from a playlist several button clicks is needed in the right order, so the risk that this happens by accident shouldn't be that large.

jordi.c
2007-08-30, 09:33
No you can't separate the ratings from different SqueezeBoxes or different users, only one rating can be set per song.

It depends on what you mean with remove. She can't remove a track from the SlimServer database with the remote, but she can remove it from a playlist. If she removes it from the playlist it will still be available in the SlimServer library if you use browse or search. To remove a track from a playlist several button clicks is needed in the right order, so the risk that this happens by accident shouldn't be that large.

HI Erland,

Sorry to hear that my sister's ratings are also visible in my SqueezeBox.

I meant with removing; deleting the song from the harddrive with the remote control.

erland
2007-08-30, 10:46
I meant with removing; deleting the song from the harddrive with the remote control.No, SlimServer will never write or delete any music files, so she can't do that even by accident.