PDA

View Full Version : Comodo firewall & Slimserver - connection problem

Jahred
2007-08-27, 04:39
Hi there - I have recently purchased a Squeeze Box for my computer, but have had trouble getting it to connect to my slim-server. I have narrowed the problem down to my installation of Comodo Firewall. When I switch the firewall off, the slim-server connects just fine, but immediately disconnects when Comodo is running.

Has anyone on these boards ever successfully configured Comodo to work with a Squeeze Box? I tried following the FAQ guide to network settings, but have had no joy so far, and I really don't want to have to turn off my firewall just to listen to music.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ashy72
2007-08-27, 13:35
Hi there - I have recently purchased a Squeeze Box for my computer, but have had trouble getting it to connect to my slim-server. I have narrowed the problem down to my installation of Comodo Firewall. When I switch the firewall off, the slim-server connects just fine, but immediately disconnects when Comodo is running.

Has anyone on these boards ever successfully configured Comodo to work with a Squeeze Box? I tried following the FAQ guide to network settings, but have had no joy so far, and I really don't want to have to turn off my firewall just to listen to music.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi i had the same problem recently when i installed Comodo. But now the squeezebox works great with comodo. What you have to do is go into the security tab, then click on the 'define a new trusted network" wizard. Go through the wizard and then you should be able to connect. I am assuming you have already set slim.exe to allow in security, application monitor. If not then double click what you have under the permission column and change it to allow. This should sort you out.