PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade - music folder not recognised?

Colehouse
2007-08-25, 14:26
I have just upgraded to 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

When I try to rescan my library I get a message "Oops - "\\192.168.1.36\Share\Music" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

nothing else has changed on my system.

Also, when I browse to Artists etc - there is nothing there

Can anyone advise on what is happening here?

Thanks

Colehouse
2007-08-26, 01:32
I thought this might be a problem with various versions of SlimServer and Squeezebox software.

I have SlimServer installed on two laptops, they are both now version 6.5.4 and the Squeezebox has firmware version 81.

I have been through all the server settings and they are exactly the same on both laptops.

Slimserver on the second laptop is behaving fine, will rescan the library no problem.

On the first laptop, which I have used to run Slimserver every day with no problems, I an getting "Oops - "\\192.168.1.36\Share\Music" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

The music directory is on a NAS box with a fixed IP, as you can see. I can see this folder manually from the laptop fine by browsing to it. No settings have been changed on the laptop since the setup worked without problem.

All seems very strange....?

mherger
2007-08-26, 22:28
> On the first laptop, which I have used to run Slimserver every day with
> no problems, I an getting "Oops - "\\192.168.1.36\Share\Music" doesn't
> seem to be a valid directory. Try again."

Did you have the previous version run as service or at login (can be changed using the taskbar icon)? If it's running as a service you'd have to change the user its running as (default is SYSTEM) to a user known by the NAS.

Michael

Colehouse
2007-08-27, 01:09
Yes, thanks Michael - by reading other threads I fixed it by switching from run at system start to run at login.

Was (and still am a bit) confused that laptop 2 behaves perfectly with (latest version ) Slimserver STILL set at run at system start, and by thinking since I was pointing to a fixed IP it didn't matter about such things.

Thanks