Switching remote control codes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuart Cummings

Thanks to Jeff Gordon for this and sorry for the convoluted reply process - I only receive the digest which makes responding to a particular thread somewhat troublesome.
    Anyway, I appreciate what you're saying but how can I learn the codes without the new Slim Remote?
    I wonder if Harmony can copy your code over to my profile?

I actually had this EXACT same problem. And I have a Harmony remote also. Harmony currently does not have the Squeezebox codes yet, so you will have to learn the codes yourself. Not hard to do, just create a new device and say Squeezebox for the device model and it will ask you if you have the remote, you have to make sure it does not try to use a remote in its database. Then you just go through a process of learning the codes and uploading them. It took me about 20 minutes to learn all of them. I am not sure if I can somehow share them with you, it does not seem to have anytype of export/import feature. After you teach the remote the new codes, make sure to "turn off" the jvc set in the player settings.

> -----Original Message-----
    > From: Stuart Cummings
    > Sent: 14 January 2004 13:51
    > To: 'discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com'
    > Subject: Switching remote control codes
    >
    > I have the "old" JVC remote and I have conflicts with my JVC DVD system. I now have a Harmony universal remote so I think I have a chance to switch IR code to the new Slim specific set. So, can someone advise how I do this and how I might setup the Harmony to use the new set without access to the Slim remote?

This e-mail and any file attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please destroy it and contact the sender. Replies to this email may be monitored by SABMiller plc for operational or business reasons. If you are not the addressee you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action based on the contents hereof. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited and may be unlawful. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message may not necessarily be those of the management or Directors of SABMiller plc.
  • Jeffrey Gordon

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 10:31, Stuart Cummings wrote:
    > Thanks to Jeff Gordon for this and sorry for the convoluted reply process -
    > I only receive the digest which makes responding to a particular thread
    > somewhat troublesome. Anyway, I appreciate what you're saying but how can I
    > learn the codes without the new Slim Remote? I wonder if Harmony can copy
    > your code over to my profile?
    >
    >

Oh you do not have the new remote, I see. Well you can call Harmony and ask
    them about it, they supposedly have great tech support, I personally have not
    used it yet.

I know all of their data is from user submitted. If I can somehow identify my
    code set for them to transfer to you, please let me know what they need. I
    named my device a SlimDevices Squeezebox, so maybe they can look up the data
    based on that.
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFABWJGH0fQtyBJLGwRAjBoAJ9DtVlPdkVteU7EAV9Z+J v7fs2NFgCgjb/l
    yD4FXXTuaGr2JhhTTi+geUE=
    =ACRm
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Comment

Working...