PDA

View Full Version : Player PIN unavailable

xil
2007-08-23, 17:26
Hi folks

i've been using my squeezebox for a year now and have gotten so addicted to internet radios :)
I was surprised at not being able to connect to the squeezenetwork the other day. Problem was, the player PIN shown on my squeezebox had changed and was therefore different from the one i had used to register my player on squeezenetwork. After changing the PIN on my squeezenetwork.com account, everything was fine again, but now, the problem's happening AGAIN, and i can no longer see the Player PIN entry in the Squeezebox Settings. It's simply not there, wether i'm connected to my slim server or what. No player PIN + no squeezenetwork and that's a huge bummer.

Does anyone please know something that might help?

Cheers and thanks

xil

xil
2007-08-23, 17:27
oh let me add that i tried forcing a FW update to see if that would restore the player PIN entry in the Settings menu, but nada.
the withdrawal's getting worse ! :)

dennis55
2007-08-23, 17:33
xil , try unplugging the power cord and this resets the box,hopefully getting your settings and pin back.

dennis

oh let me add that i tried forcing a FW update to see if that would restore the player PIN entry in the Settings menu, but nada.
the withdrawal's getting worse ! :)

xil
2007-08-23, 17:38
Hey Dennis, thanks, but that didn't work..
I did a factory reset and the PIN menu was there again (with yet a different PIN i think) so it's all good now - but for how long? I suspect the same will happen again.

xil
2007-08-23, 17:55
yup, same thing just happened again, got disconnected from squeezenetwork and can't connect again !

snarlydwarf
2007-08-23, 19:22
The PIN is only on Squeezenetwork, it should be under Settings on the SN menus.

It does not show up on a local slimserver.

xil
2007-08-24, 10:48
hey, snarlydwarf, thanks for your input!

the problem is, since it thinks my PIN is wrong, it won't let me connect to squeezenetwork in order to retrieve the proper one.

I guess I'll write to tech sup!